Hanioti and Daphne Village?

Posted by LizzyB 
June 05, 2007 08:27PM
Hi all,

Have just booked to come to the Daphne Village apartments in Hanioti. We've visited many parts of Greece & Islands before, but never Halkidiki.

Thought it looked a pretty good area, but since booking have seen reports of lots of people complaining of the wasps, and bad reports on the beach /sea! Am now very worried, as I have a 7 year old that loves the water. Is the beach really that bad? One forum report said it was very stoney and had lots of sharp rocks in the sea!

I appreciate it will be busy at the end of July, but can anyone who's been there before please give a true opinion on what the resort is like?

Have seen some good reviews on the Daphne Village, but again any news on it would be much appreciated!

Thanks.
Re: Hanioti and Daphne Village?
June 06, 2007 08:45AM
It is a lovely resort! You can wasps everywere and I cant remember them being that bad, went a few years again and going back in august!

Yes the sea is stoney but only on the edge were you go in then it goes sandy. If you had a pair of beach shoes that you could keep on in the water it isn't a problem!

You will have a lovely time!
June 06, 2007 07:29PM
Hi

I have been to Daphne village and continue to go back there every year,

The hotel and staff are lovely, the pool is excellent and situated on the roof. I wont lie and say the walk up to the hotel is the best as it can be a pain but the hotel outshines this and i would choose it time and time again.

Wasps are not a major issue, the main beach is shingle not sand so not the best, however if you travel a couple of hundred yards towards pefkhouri you will find a beautiful sandy beach.

Just invest in a cheap pair of jelly shoes for your child and they will be fine

Hope you enjoy your holiday

x
June 07, 2007 07:25AM
Wasps can be an issue anywhere at any time. We lived there three years and for two it was just a normal type of wasp problem, the third year was horrendous and we often resorted to going indoors to eat as we were swarmed by them.

Usually we find September to be the worse time, to be honest mozzies are sometimes more of a nuisance but at least you can get repellant (I do hate going out smelling of that though instead of a nice perfume !)

There are lots of sandy beaches about. I have never been on Hanioti beach in all my 30 years of going to Halkidiki, but I have been to Pefkohori which is sandy, also the beach at the Palllini hotel is very nice. Sani Beach area, quite a drive away, is lovely beach and shallow water, but park near the Camping Blue Dream. I think the sunbeds are free ifyou buy a drink. Of course all the years we have been going it used to just be a plain old sandy beach which we loved, but now of course there are the inevitable sunbeds.

Near Paliori is a nice sandy beach, where the Greeks go mainly. Even where we live on the other side of the peninsula you can get good small areas of sand amongst the pebbles (the non tourist side is not so sandy, but we like it as it is quiet). I believe Fourka beach in nice, but we dont go there.

Siviris is lovely. Sandy beaches, and if you go left at the jetty along a small narrow beach, it is rarely busy until later in the season or weekends. Good areas of sand, to be sure of sandy bottom in the sea walk as far as you can along. You can go round some rocks at the far end and come across two or three small bays which are mainly sandy and very quiet with nice shallow water for kids.

Enjoy
June 07, 2007 08:04AM
Very many thanks for your replies, its certainly put my mind at rest more about the place.

The Daphne Village did sound nice, and we don't mind a bit of a walk / hills to climb.

We were in Parga the other year, right at the back of the resort, so that was a mountain to climb to get to the apartment as well!!

42 days and counting until we go!

Thanks Again,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2007 08:05AM by LizzyB.
June 07, 2007 04:11PM
Hi Lizzy,

I come to Daphne twice a year and I can only confirm wat Lavlou says.
The sea a little bit to the right has a sandy beach and is in the first meters not so deep.
Lovely for your kid.
Center is a 8 minute walk.
Say hallo to Yannis and Makis the barkeepers at the poolbar ( from the crazy dutch guy, who even swims during the rain)

Have a very pleasant holliday!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login