Getting Married in Halkidiki

Posted by Mainey84 
June 02, 2007 11:00AM
Hi there,

Me and my Fella have just decided to get married abroad next year, was gonna be in the UK but we cant decide on anything haha

So with him not knowing anything about forgein countries (will be his 1st year abroad this year going to Zante) he has left all the venue choices to me yaaaay...

So i have picked Halkidiki, well so far in the space of three days i have picked, Halkidiki, staying at Fanis Apartments in Polichrono, getting married in Kassandria town hall and having the after wedding meal in the rooftop restaurant (assuming its still there) in Polichrono...

I'm not going with a travel agents for all the organisation because basically i feel its a rip off, have looked at all the packages and OMG how much?? Luckily my Mum knows exactly what to do as she did all the organising for her ex fella's brothers wedding in Zante a few years back.

Now my questions are, are there any nice florists, hair dressers etc within the area?? i have been to Polichrono but it was a few years back and obviously things change and i wasnt exactly looking when i went over last haha...also do they have a local horse and carriage? i've seen them in Wedding photos for other parts of Greece eg Zante

Any info for the little extras would be apprieciated.

Thanks Chermaine x
Re: Getting Married in Halkidiki
June 15, 2007 08:47PM
Hi Chermaine,

We are thinking of getting married Aug\Sept 2008 and was planning to book through First Choice but like the sound of booking direct to save some dosh. If you can give me any advice or info i would be really grateful.

How are you getting on with your plans, have you fixed a date yet?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Laura
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login