Royal Tombs

Royal Tombs

Posted by Sarah L 
Royal Tombs
June 01, 2007 08:13AM

Hiya

Can anyone tell me how close to Thessaloniki the Royal Tombs are and also how easy they are to find?

Thanks a lot

Only 5 More Get Ups yippeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sarah x

Re: Royal Tombs
June 01, 2007 08:45AM
Hi Sarah L
VERGINA YOU ARE LOOKING FOR .
HAVE A LOOK AT THE USER'S PHOTO ALBUM.
ITHERE IS A MAP FOR YOU !!!
I HOPE THAT HELPS.
June 01, 2007 09:17AM

Hi Sakis

Thank you for the map, How long does it take to get too from thessaloniki it looks a bit to long to drive in a day, I only got the idea because someone said there was so tombs and ruins just outside Thessaloniki!!!!! We are staying in Hanioti and hiring a car (from you of course) and was going to venture up to Thessaloniki for the day but my husband and our friend want to look at some ruins or a bit of culture rather than just shopping around the city - can you give any ideas

Thanks Sarah xx
June 01, 2007 10:03AM
Hi Sarah
You can make it in a day as, to Thessaloniki takes one hour and less than 40 min to Vergina or Dion, a nice place to visit too
Pella as well is a nice place too Macedonia's Capital near city of Giannitsa.
You can also visit the waterfalls in Edessa or Naousa (Biggers are the Edessa ones) both close to the archeological sites .
Have alcloser look at the map and you'll see that all the sites are very close to each other
( 30-40 km)
If you have an early start, I' m sure you can do easy that trip in a day.!!
Hope that helps.
Sakis
June 01, 2007 10:08AM

Thanks Sakis that is great, really wanted to go to Edessa and thanks for all the other tips of places to visit, really appreciate it. I will print the map out now and have a good look.

Thanks again
Take care
Sarah
June 01, 2007 06:18PM
The Vergina tombs are well worth the trip. We went and were amazed at the set up. Edessa is lovely too. Pella is that way on, look in there too.

If you fancy a very long drive, go to Nymphaeo to visit the Bear Sanctuary. It is about a five hour drive but it is a lovely old village, and also there is a wolf sanctuary.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login