Things to do ......

Things to do ......

Posted by jem1 
Things to do ......
May 24, 2007 11:30AM

Hey

I am going to Pefkohori in August, was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Ioli Village?

Also what things would you recommend doing? Me and my partner are both early 20's.

What is the nightlife like in Pefkohori?

Sorry for all the Q's! but any info would be gratefully received!

Re: Things to do ......
May 24, 2007 12:11PM
yep, going back to Ioli village for third time in Sept. Rooms are basic but quite spacious, kept very clean. Breakfasts available for extra. Small bar. Anna the receptionist is very helpful. Appliances limited to kettle, teapot, two ring hotplate, cutlery, crocks and pots and not much else (typical of Greece). Small shop on site but two big supermarkets just round the corner plus a fruit/veg shop.
About 5 mins to village centre, ditto beach.

There's a nightclub (NoNos) very close by, open twice a week, don't know what it's like (we're past it!) Loads of bars good for relaxing and watching the world go by (should be busy in August) and some have dance floors, shops mainly typical tourist tat, lots of good restaurants and tavernas. Various excursions/trips, Thessaloniki, Nea moudania market, Petralona Caves, even further afield if you want - reps or travel agents have all the details. There's also a diving school. Hanioti a short taxi ride away or 40 mins walk up the coast road (not the main road), loads more bars etc at Hanioti. A couple more nightclubs up at Kallithea which is a not very expensive taxi ride away. Beach is fine, will be packed (both ends might have a bit more space than the middle), sea is blue, sun is hot, what more could you want?

15 weeks and counting...

May 25, 2007 11:33AM
Thank you Dave S.

Will probably be there the same time as you as we are going on 30 Aug. So 14 weeks for us!

I am a bit worried as some of the reviews i have read have said that Pefkohori is like Blackpool / Brighton?! Is this true?? I hope not!!

Jem1
May 25, 2007 11:52AM
well...it is a bit, but its not quite that bad.
May 25, 2007 11:55AM
Hi Jem1,

"I am a bit worried as some of the reviews i have read have said that Pefkohori is like Blackpool / Brighton?! Is this true?? I hope not!! "

I´ve been to Brighton and maaany times to Pefkohori but have no Idea that there could be anything simillar?
May 25, 2007 11:58AM
Pekohori is a busy tourist town, nothing at all like Brighton ! Just busy. Very Greek, mostly set on main road which is very busy in high season. Nice long beach, jetty. Nice beachfront with cafes, tavernas etc that are a bit more expensive than on the main road, but nicer setting. As far as I can remember and we went there last in March there is nothing remotely similar to Brighton or Blackpool Enjoy.
Nic
May 25, 2007 12:38PM
Whoever wrote that review has a very strange way of comparing.
Pefkohori is as much like Blackpool or Brighton as Monaco is to Sheffield...or St.Tropez is to Redcar!
Nothing against those places...just using them as examples.
(For those who don't know redcar - click here for a pic!)
www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~engafg/pics/redcar.jpg

Nic!
May 31, 2007 01:17PM

Hiya

I have been looking on this forum for months and a while back someone mentioned about some waterfalls you can visit can anyone tell me where they are - I am staying in Hanioti we are hiring a car but really need to find out how long a drive it is, don't want to be sat in a car wasting precious sunshine!!!

Also has anyone got any info on the Royal Tombs in Verghina, i belive they are near thessaloniki but how near? and are they easy to find?

Thanks
Sarah x
May 31, 2007 02:24PM
Hi Sarah

I mentioned about going to the waterfalls this year, but as far as i know they are a good few hours drive away.

We are also staying in Hanioti we fly out on 13 August, staying at the Vicky apartments for the 5th yr in a row. They are fab well worth a visit, everyone we have met there love it and return year after year. The owners are great Pat, Michael, Audrey & Leo have become really good friends over the years. They are a family run business and always give the best of welcome.

If you want a lovely meal while you are in Hanioti try Erodios it is just around the corner from the Horseshoe bar, Erodios was recommended to us on our first ever visit to Hanioti. Im sure Jimmy will give you a brilliant welcome as he has done with us over the years. Every meal we have had in Erodios has been excellent. Cant wait to see you all again soon.

Take care

Sian xx
June 10, 2007 04:23PM
Hey there.

Read that you are coming to Halkidiki. Keep a look out for us in the bars, Billy's Bar (hanioti), Cafe Classic (Kriopigi) & Fannis bar (Polichrono) amongst other places. We are OKEY DOKEY KARAOKE and we also have english quiz nights & play your cards right etc...Great fun if you want a mad holiday! Come & meet us both (Kelly & Mark) & say hello & have a beer with us.

Safe journey..see you when you get here

us X
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login