buying property in halkidiki

Posted by honky chick 
May 18, 2007 03:16PM
Has any bought a maisonette/flat in halkidiki? Were there any surprises? Did you use a British lawyer or a Greek lawyer to close the deal. I am looking at some of the maisonettes or flats for sale and would like to buy something. Are the prices the same as what you see on the internet or is there room to negotiate? Thanks, Honky Chick
Re: buying property in halkidiki
May 18, 2007 10:08PM
We purchased an apartment in Polycrono last october it could not have been easyer using a greek lawyer went back at easter to prepare for the summer all went well. We purchased our apartment from George of "Geoges Appartments" Polycrono after renting one of them last year. He has more for sale if your interested. He has a web site but the pics do not do the appartments justice.
May 19, 2007 01:35PM
Hi John: Thank you for your email reply. I am interested in this type of appartment. Can you tell me how much you paid and if you got a 1 or 2 bedroom. And can tell give me a ball park figure for the closing costs. I looked at the website for Georges Appartments, but I did not see anything for sale. Can you give me a website or phone number. Do you have any pictures of your own, of the appartment that you can post. How much rent do you think one could fetch for this kind of appartment? Sorry for the barrage of questions. Thanks in advance. Honky Chick
May 20, 2007 05:16PM
I would be happy to help, please email me at info@@#$%&.co.uk
May 20, 2007 07:37PM
Hi Honky Chick
The appartment are the ones on the website www.georges.gr they are not far from the square in polycrono across from the bakery. The price for a one bed are 45000 Euro two beds are 65000 or 75000 Euro depending on position. Tax 11% is based on a praportion of its value about 40% in total including lawyers fees it costs about £2000 english pounds. Rental is approx 50Euro perr day low to 70 Euro per day High. You can contact George or Lucia info@georges.gr or phone 00306945174713 mob or 00302374053886.
John K
May 21, 2007 09:21AM
Hi

I used a greek lawyer her name is anthoulia who was very helpful, I had a few issues when buying nothing major, mainly caused by me venturing into the unknown, you know how it is, but Anthoulia was brilliant she did things which a lawyer in this country just wouldn't help with her e-mail address is anthief75@yahoo.gr She speaks very good english.
If i can help with anything else please let me know. As you know the Greeks are wonderful people who will always help you anyway.

Good luck

Phil
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.