Vourvourou

Vourvourou

Posted by adipetrica 
Vourvourou
April 16, 2007 05:41PM
Hi everybody!!!
Who can help me with more information about Vourvourou.
The information that I need are where can we eat (not so expansive), where are supermarkets like ALDI or something like that, is there a chance to go at Mt Athos with a ship?
Maybe more information if u can help us. We are going there in august, but for the first time in Greece.
Thanks anyway!
Re: Vourvourou
April 20, 2007 05:53PM
Only been for the day whilst living in Skioni.

Lovely beaches, from what we could see lots of small tavernas dotted about, small supermarkets but nothing big that we saw. It is I think a very small place and not very touristy, but lovely.

Mount Athos. I think you will need to go to Nea Marmaras or another place I cant quite think of the name of, but your hotel/apartment owners should know. If you are going with a travel company do check prices at the ports first, travel companies tend to charge much more. Personally we did this about 25 years ago and it was very beautiful but a long day out. Also did not need the translation really so any tour would do, you still see the monastries, but remember not close up, so take some binoculars.

Enjoy.
April 20, 2007 05:58PM
Thanks a lot!!!
May 29, 2007 07:21PM
Hi,

I have just came back from Vourvourou. I had marvellous time there. Vourvourou is a small village with really nice beaches and clean waters. If you prefer quiet places for your vacations, you will fall in love with it for sure. But if you like noisy and crowded places, discos and bars, Vourvourou is not the right place for you. There are 3 or 4 supermarkets, all of them greeks. You could buy almost everything there. If you are looking for a bigger and cheaper supermarket, you definitely need a car. There is LIDL in Nikiti, it's 11 km away from Vourvourou. Of course, you could eat in the taverns in Vourvourou. The taverns are lovely with good service and delicious food. But eating in the taverns is more expensive than buying food at the supermarkets and cooking it yourself. For example in the taverns the greek salad is 5 euro, fish soup (6 euro), moussaka (traditional greek meal - 6 euro), fresh fishes are starting from 35 euro per kilo and etc. I could recommend the two taverns which are right on the beach. There is also restaurant with italian pizzas. You should try the Giant pizza. The pizza is enough for 3-4 person and costs 12.50 euro. The restaurant's name is Top pizza.

The travelling to Mount Athos is 25 euro per person. It is one day trip. Ormos Panagias is the name of the small fish settlement just 4 km away from Vourvourou. The ships are sailing off from there at 9,30 a.m. every morning. If you have opportunity, do not miss the trip.

If you need any further information or some pictures, just write me.
May 30, 2007 06:44PM
Thanks a lot for this information! Are you from Romania ( your name Daniela is common here)? The TOP Pizza is located near which beach?
May 31, 2007 08:03PM
Hi,

I am from Bulgaria! The Top pizza restaurant is on the main street of Vourvourou, right on the way to Karidi beach, probably 500 meters before the beach.

BR
Daniela
June 03, 2007 07:01AM
Could anyone tell us about the water temperature, as we go with small kids, from 14 June?
Nic
June 03, 2007 08:14AM
Current water temp is 21/22c....another couple of weeks should see it rise about another 3-4° especially if the weather is as forecast...14th 15th 16th and 17th temps are showing 36/37c!!!
In for a hot one!!!
We go to the beach at Livari a lot and the waters always warm there as it very shallow.

Nic!
June 06, 2007 05:25PM
Hi everybody,

I can highly recommend to visit Mt. Athos monasteries with M/S "Antigoni", which is located in Ormos Panagias, it's not far away from Vourvourou.
This is a little ship, and it is much better than to go with the very big ships!
The owner are Gisela & Jorgos, she is Austrian and he is Greek,
please call: 0030-6944275198, www.giarenis.net
June 11, 2007 01:46PM
Hi,
We are going to spend a week in middle of July in Karidi.
Can we rent somewhere a small boat (for 4) to discover Diaporos island?
Is it true, fishing in the see is free?
Thanks,
July 09, 2007 08:03AM
Hi everybody,
Does anyone have information where can we acces to the internet in Vourvourou?
Thanks,
July 09, 2007 11:40AM
There is no Internet Cafe in Vourvourou. If the owner of the place that are going to stay, can not provide you internet access, then you have to go to Agios Nikolaos (~13 KM) where you will find two internet cafes.

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2007 11:51AM by Nikos.
July 09, 2007 11:43AM
Many thanks for your help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login