pics of outdoor market

pics of outdoor market

Posted by maria 
pics of outdoor market
March 28, 2007 03:13PM
Anybody know where it is? and how far from Pefkohori? Stay in Pefkohori every summer and never ventured further than Hanioti...
Re: pics of outdoor market
March 28, 2007 04:17PM
I would be interested too, I don't know if this is the same thing but found this clipping from Thomsons -
Shopping
As the commercial centre of Halkidiki, Nea Moudania offers plenty of shops in which to spend your euro. Every Wednesday, the largest outdoor market in the area takes place. Olive, apricot and peanut produce are on sale, yielded from the surrounding groves.
March 28, 2007 06:53PM
The MARKET is at Mamar just outside Nea Potadia on left before the new bridge if travelling from Thessaloniki.
if travelling from Kassandria/Kalathea its on right hand just after the new bridge .

you must look for market sign it comes up on you very quickly from both ways

if full market is on it will take you all day to go round it (doesnt open till June)

One word of warning here there are PICKPOCKETS about keep your money close and one hand on it
also allthough the gypsys are nice people they will rip you off if they can ALWAYS check your change before moving from any stall you buy from.

NOW for the light hearted bit smiling smiley

no matter which way you walk round the market ie: horizontaly or vertically up and down the rows of stalls you will ALWAYS end up outside the church steps
try it you will be amazed lol.

very cheap clothes food and gifts
and please dont forget the doggy treats for the village dogs when you get back to your resort.

yamas
JEFF Fourkas mad dog man

March 29, 2007 02:37PM
Thanks Jeff,I shall plan my route smiling smiley usually stay for 5 weeks in the summer,can only manage a week this year,got lots of work to do on my house,have a wonderful summer you lucky people xx
March 31, 2007 07:36PM
HI GUYS, WELL IF IT'S THE OUTDOOR MARKET THE BIG ONE, THEN IT IS ONLY ON ONCE A YEAR OFFICIALLY 1st-5th SEPTEMBER, BUT UNOFFICIALLY IT USUALLY STARTS LITTLE BEFORE. 1st IS A FRIDAY THIS YEAR SO WILL PROBABLY START ABOUT THEN, BUT REMEMBER ITS ONLY ABOUT 5 DAYS BUT OPEN TILL LATE AT NIGHT TALKIN 3-4pm, THEY SAY IT'S ON ALL NIGHT BUT IT'S NOT. GET TAXI STRAIGHT THERE, THEN ORDER A TAXI FROM YOUR MOBILE TO GET BACK, PLACE IS CALLED "AGIAS MAMAS" TAXI NUMBER USING UK MOBILE WOULD BE 00302374091200. SELLS EVERYTHING YOU CAN IMAGINE AND OTHER THINGS YOU COULDN'T. IF NOT HERE IN THEM DATES THEN THERES A BIG MARKET AT A PLACE CALLED "NEA MOUDANIA" 7-2pm EVERY WEDNESDAY, BEST AGIAS MAMAS OF COURSE. HAVE FUN
April 01, 2007 06:13PM
Thankyou for maiking my hols smiling smiley I go home on the 3rd Sept. Shall definately make time for the market.
April 01, 2007 10:31PM
hi jeff,we flying out to pefkohori 10th may and i was wondering will there be any markets open that time of year and if so where will we find them.
cheers karen
April 03, 2007 05:08PM
hi karen

looks like this is the only market open around the time your on holiday.

BIG MARKET AT A PLACE CALLED "NEA MOUDANIA" 7-2pm EVERY WEDNESDAY

its on the way to thessaloniki airport without looking at a map dont know how far pefkohori is from Nea Moudania.

hang on just looked at map and its a hours drive to moudania from pefkohori.

on the way back if you go drop into Nea Potadia its a nice place to stop over.

anyway hope all goes ok fro your holiday

jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login