Sarantis studios - Hanioti

Posted by jillie1974 
January 06, 2007 01:17PM
hi
have read some bad reviews about here...owners etc rude and not very nice. Was wondering if anyone here has been or knows more bout it.
also is there a waterpark in the area?
Re: Sarantis studios - Hanioti
January 06, 2007 08:59PM
hi Jillie having not been in the appartments cant tell much about them sorry

As for water park the nearest is in thessaloniki and having said that isnt all that good
in fact its boring sad smiley

maybe someone else can help with appartment side

enjoy ur holiday where ever you stay

Jeff
January 09, 2007 02:57PM

Jeff is right the waterpark is ok for young children. Though I think teenagers may find it a bit boring, and it is about an hour away from Hanioti by car, longer if you want to do one of the coach trips.

The Sarantis is very clean with a salt water pool. We stayed a few years back and found the owners not very friendly, and the son in particular is what the greeks might call a bit of a malaka.

January 23, 2007 02:16PM
I actually worked behind the bar for the Sarantis in 2002, I lasted for about 3 months before I walked out. I was there rep for two years as well in 1999 and 2000. 95% of the rooms are quite modern, there are a few which need a little update, but that may well have happened by now. Don't get me wrong the family are very nice and if you spend money in there bar and book the greek night then they'll fall over themselves to help you out. However if you don't spend money in there bar (and it's not cheap) then they don't want to know you, you'll have less chance of getting anything fixed if it breaks. The rule at the Sarantis is that children should be seen and not heard and splashing and shouting around the pool is frowned upon.

This may sound like sour grapes from an ex-employee, but I have to say that before I went to work for them I had heard tales about rudeness. However as they were always so kind to me when I was repping there in 1999 and 2000 that I found it quite hard to believe. I genually loved the family and would go out of my way to help them out I hosted quiz night, started a party night and ran the karaoke night for them (I'm singing karaoke on the Sarantis website photo's).

Seeing from the other side of the bar however they are totally money motivated, I burnt my hand while cooking a burger in the kitchen. Whilst running my hand under the cold water tap, I was informed by Chloe (the mother) that water was very expensive and to stop it!!

If you go to the Sarantis, have no kids, stay by the pool have bar snacks and drinks, go out for a meal at night and then return to the bar afterwards and stay there until the early hours of the morning. You'll have a the best holiday ever, however if you don't ............ I'll let you decide the answer!!!
January 31, 2007 08:52PM
Hi,

We stayed at this place last year. Of the nine trips to Hanioti, this was the worst by far for the following reasons:-

1 - Found the owners very rude and not friendly
2 - You are not allowed to move any sun loungers or tables which are based near the pool. They actually tell you off!
3 - Room we stayed in was very very basic where one room was coverted into a bedroom in such a tight area that you could only get into bed from one side
4 - Found everything in the place very expensive even bottled water

There are a lot better places to stay!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login