Just Back from Hanioti

Just Back from Hanioti

Posted by Vicky 
Just Back from Hanioti
September 14, 2006 05:25PM
Hi all

Just back today from hanioti CRY,CRY,CRY........already wishing we were back!!!!!

Have taken quite a lot of pics or all areasso will put them up on here in the next day or so for you all to see for yourself!!

Any questions just ask away......we will answer them as honestly as we can......although the pics probably say it better than we ever could!!

Vicky & Alex
gary birch
Re: Just Back from Hanioti
September 14, 2006 05:40PM
where did you stay?
we're heading off to Hilltop Hotel on Monday.
Where's good to eat?
Where can I take my wife for something special on our 10th wedding anniversary?
how bad is the fire damage in your opinion?
Thanks,
Gary
September 14, 2006 06:37PM

Hi Gary

Hanioti is a fabulous place to go with many great places to eat, although there are very few on the sea front. Amythestos has beautiful food, the roof gardens are good, and Gusto Italian is also one of our favorites. Really depends on what you fancy!!

I'm not overly sure on the location of the Hilltop Hotel but my parents stayed in the Daphne Village which is in the Hills. There is damage around the hotels but not to them and the owners andstaff of all the hotels have worked very hard to ensure that the guests are well catered for.

Now here goes....... There is damage to the trees and forests, but in many ways from the accommodation the trees look as though autumn has arrived early. If you go looking and walking in the hills you will find that the fires did have a dramatic affect. Although from the village you would never know anything had happened, the beach is clean and even while we were there tractors were on the out every night to clean up!! The square was buzzing and the fountain in full flow.

From my point of view I was very worried about going as we just got married and was worried our day would be a mass of burnt trees and ash, but in truth we enjoyed every minute, ther place is as lovely as it was before and we are so sad to be home today. So on that note I will try and post our photos on-line now.....but please be aware that Alex did walk into the hills and for quite a few miles after so some of the pictures may look bad but please please please view them all as its not as bad as you first think!!!

gary birch
September 14, 2006 08:15PM
Thanks Vicky.
Glad you had a good wedding time too.
We're really in need of a break and so are really looking forward to this trip.
Hanioti sounds great.
My parents actually went about 4 yrs ago and had a great time too.
Gary
di james
September 14, 2006 08:45PM
GARY, try the pancake and ice cream bar in the square, they are fantastic, the place looks nothing special and very cheap but you have to try one theyre fab. Lovely just to sit and watch the world go by. Definitely not suitable, ( OR EXPENSIVE ENOUGH ) for tenth anniversary.
September 15, 2006 06:53AM
Gary

I can't post m,y pictures on this site as every time i try my pc dies!!!

I you give me your e-mail I would be glad to send them to you
gary birch
September 15, 2006 07:59AM
Hi Vicky.
Try garyjbirch@hotmail.com
Cheers.
KarenMarie
September 15, 2006 05:30PM
Hi Vicky,

Would you be able to email me yuor pics? if you don't mind? im going hanioti in 2 weeks and just wanted to have a look.

Thanks

Karen

passion8_2006@yahoo.co.uk
September 15, 2006 08:16PM
No problem!!
September 15, 2006 08:44PM
Gary.....really sorry but the e-mail has failed!!!
gary birch
September 15, 2006 09:22PM
vicky,
try gary@zionbc.co.uk.
that's my work address and you'll get an out of office reply, but they should go through
cheers.
Gary
Karen marie
September 18, 2006 03:12PM
Thanks for sending me the pics vicky, i really appreciate it and looks a lovely place

Karen
kez
September 19, 2006 02:26PM
hi vicky
i,m getting married in hanioti next year and was wondering if youd send me your photos as i,ve never been there .

kerry
September 19, 2006 06:23PM
Would love to Kerry think i've bored all our friends and family already!!!

Are you getting married in the town Hall (Got a good pic of outside with no one on)

Also who have you booked with?? (We booked with First Choice)

We have copies of the vows and the reading, if your interested as i think these are fairly standard to the town hall.

If you drop me a quick e-mail on vickybell1981@hotmail.co.uk i will be glad to send some of our pics and answer any questions you might have.

Vicky
xxx

PS don't know what you are planning to do about your docs but we have a fantasic contact that did ours they are fairly price and we got ours back in just over a week (totally took the stress away!!)
garybirch
September 19, 2006 07:51PM
Well we're here in Hanioti!
Arrived yesterday.
Enjoying it so far!
Sad to see so much fire damage out of the town though.
It does look like autumn has come early for the most part, trees are scorched rather than burnt.
Anway, better get back to the relaxing!
Gary
September 21, 2006 06:51PM
Hey Vicky! I'm sooo depressed because my hollyday in Haniotty is finished. :-(
It was the best vacation I've ever had! I'm coming back there next year... You've been there many times, right? Does it feel the same every time?
September 22, 2006 11:35AM
I'm sorry to say it does!!!

We are currently looking into learning Greek so we can move there, so we never have to feel like that again!!!!

September 22, 2006 07:45PM
You're not helping me! ;-)
I like the idea... We maybe meet some time there... Well, better think of my first year at colledge that starts in October. *depressed again*
Jeff fourkas mad dog man
September 23, 2006 03:50AM
Really knows that "Do i really have to leave Monday" feeling too

have many friends in greece

and i want to retire there

you DONT have to learn greek as you will pick it up as you go but is nice for locals if you can speak greek

you can get by with a Yasou/ yasus if in groups
Kalimera (morning)
kalispera (afternoon)
kalinikta (night)
parakelo (please)
efkaristo (thanks)
Ne` (yes)
Oki (no)
ti Kanis (how are you)
Kala (good)

but now looks like im teaching mother to suck eggs lol
so ill shut up

yamas Jeff
September 25, 2006 07:36AM
Thanks Jeff

We know very basic Greek (how to say do you speak English, and I speak a little Greek, and all of the above) but we would both have to work out there and have been told finding jobs will be difficult without knowing the lingo!!

Let’s just pray that we win the lottery and don't ever have to work again!!!!

Vicky
x
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login