october?

october?

Posted by babixgalx 
babixgalx
october?
September 11, 2006 06:17PM
hi i came to the angelo in hanioti in august and was there when the fires started!we went for 2 weeks but because we got moved to other hotels we missed about a week holiday in hanioti so me my friend and my daughter are going again in october for a week,does anybody no what the weathers going to be like?or what its usually like in that month?also is anybody knows how to contact kostas from angelo studios or even the hotel itself please email me and let me no on babixgalx@aol.com!
thanks
Re: october?
September 11, 2006 06:23PM
Weather in October can be mixed. I can only speak from living over there from April til end October for three years from 1999-2001. We got what we think were really good Octobers. In fact one year when we left for the UK from Patras it was 32 deg C at midnight !

Usually though it was around 65-75 right through the month, some days were a bit cloudier than others, but never totally overcast unless it rained and even then the rain didnt last more than half a day before turning sunny again. It rained so rarely during our three years there I can hardly recall when, but I would guess after the weather changability lately all over the world that you should expect a couple of days with some rain.

Remember also that mid October most places start to close and the owners move back to Thessaloniki for the winter. There are places that are open all year, but not in the tourist areas. We are going in November to check out the fire devastation and look for somewhere to rent all next year, I am expecting it to be very slightly warmer than UK, but with more sunshine hours. If you want any ideas where to eat out if you are going late October when not many places are open, give me a yell !

Have a great time. Do not know any contact numbers for you, sorry.

libby
September 11, 2006 06:55PM
thanks for that!
well we are going on the 2nd till the 9th so hopefully some places will still be open?

but if you no what is open in that time that will be very helpfull!
September 11, 2006 07:14PM
I think you will find most places still open then. They usually started to shut when we were there around mid October. Hanioti in particular should still have most places open early October as it is a tourist destination village, whereas further afield like Paliori you may find only one local taverna open.

HAve a great time.
Jane
babixgalx
September 12, 2006 04:50PM
any1 else no how to get in contact please let me no?
September 16, 2006 08:12AM
Hi!!
The phone number of Angelo is: 0030 23740 52170 Fax 23740 52625!
Hope to see you than!
alison
September 25, 2006 09:01AM
were going on the 2nd till the 9th aswell.
where are you stopping???
September 25, 2006 05:07PM
Hi Alison, you can find me in the cigarette and liquer store next to the Erodios restaurant just around the Angelo. If we are closed you can find us in the Mesogios Restaurant closed to the square!
See you!
Georgie Girl
September 28, 2006 04:50PM
We are also going the 2nd to the 9th Oct staying in Fourka
January 08, 2007 07:07PM
Hi Jane, we are going to Hanioti in october 07. How will we find it in your experience. Many thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login