Top 3 Recommendations (Hanioti)

Posted by Neil 
Neil
September 06, 2006 10:43AM
My girlfiend and I are due to arrive in Hanioti next Monday (11/09).

Just wondering what 3 things people would recommend that we do/see/experience whilst in the resort?
Ben
Re: Top 3 Recommendations (Hanioti)
September 07, 2006 08:36AM
Go to Afitos, it is so pretty and the views are fantastic, you will need to hire a car though as i am not sure if a bus goes there or not.

September 07, 2006 09:01AM

I have heard you can go to a proper bazouki night there, anyone know if this is right.
September 07, 2006 01:04PM
on your holiday you HAVE to go to a greek nite.
which hotel are you staying, because Hotel Angelo hold a greek night open to everyone and it is well worth going to. It is a really enjoyable night, food is gorgeous, greek dancing and then disco after. Brilliant night.
I am going over next thurs and staying there and i will definately be going to the greek night!
Neil
September 07, 2006 04:57PM
We'll be staying in the Hilltop Hotel. Reviews on the internet show that this hotel also holds a great Greek night. Do people think it is worth hiring a car for one or two days? If so, what places would you recommend are a definite to visit?
September 07, 2006 08:08PM
Hi -car hire is good to travel around the peninsula - can go right round in a day stopping off at all villages and impossible to get lost !! our friends own Central Cafe in the Square in Hanioti and their family have a campsite at Sani Beach which is a great place to visit (Blue Dream Camping) the beach is great and there is a taverna - just around the bay from Sani Beach Hotel complex.
Frank
September 09, 2006 08:43AM
Hi Neal,
Just forget about those''greek nights'' there are better places to go.
Those greek nights are for''real'' tourists although you can have a big laugh and fun.
My top 3 after visiting abot 20 times in Hanioti:
Mesogjos(medittereanian) restaurant former known as Lesse(Meet Elsa and Fotis)
Erothios restaurant next/under Waikiki bar (Meet Jimmy!)
Zithion BEER house, next to the square, meet Mario and Vasilis
if you need a tour or information: I arrive 13 september and stay at Daphne( Thats my number 4)

nice holiday greetings, have a nice stay
Frank ( from Holland)
September 10, 2006 07:35PM
Dear Frank and Anneke!!
Hope your are ok? Waiting for you to come and have you here! We will have a loooooot of fun and many tsipouro!!
Wish you both a very nice holiday, kisses!!
Your little sister.
September 11, 2006 09:24AM
Frank, and what may i ask are "real" tourists.
I have been going to Hanioti for 5 years and lived there for the summer couple of years ago. I love greek night even when i was living there, every tuesday night i was there. It must be good because i was always joined by the reps and no it wasn't any excursion, they went because they enjoyed it too!
Frank
September 11, 2006 05:07PM
Hi Nicola,
Yes your right! Signomi. It's me sunglasses I think.
But ever been to Kupis for a good greek night?
Regards
Frank
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login