HELP - STRANDED PUPPY IN HANIOTI

Posted by dave and bev 
dave and bev
September 03, 2006 09:22AM
We are currently in Hanioti, and are somewhat distressed by the number of dogs we have seen walking around aimlessly including one cute little puppy. On asking our Greek friends if the puppy belonged to anyone we were advised no. This puppy is very friendly but appears to rely on the scraps given to it by tourists. We are concerned for its welfare and hope to find some sanctuary or owner who might provide a good home for it. We have 8 days left of our holiday and we also understand a lady in Fourka has adopted such animals. We would welcome any information which might point us in the right direction in order this puppy survives the winter.
Else
Re: HELP - STRANDED PUPPY IN HANIOTI
September 03, 2006 10:18AM
Hi dave and bev! Go and see Afrodite from Rent a bike and real estate on the square. Most of the time she founds a solution!! Or if you buy dogfood from the petshop in pefkochori we will feed it through the winter!! By the way, there are not this many streetdogs around this year. Friendly regards Else from Mediterranean Restaurant
September 03, 2006 04:32PM
Dave and Bev, call Julie, she lives in Kalandra and rescues and rehomes dogs and puppies. If she is not too full she will be pleased to help. We found four puppies in June, one with a hernia, only about five weeks old. She took them in for us, and they are now rehomed in Belgium.

I can give you her telephone number if you email me jane@onecal.co.uk as I do not want to publish it on site.

I know how you feel, it made my holiday to be able to help these puppies. We know Julie from when we lived over there for three years and she is doing an excellent job. If you can give her a donation to help it is always appreciated, we gave her some dog food and a few euros, but she is almost at recognised shelter level now and fund are most appreciated, however small, and she will give you a receipt.

Hope to hear form you soon.

Jane
dave and bev
September 04, 2006 08:38AM
Thanks Guys,

We will now act on the above advice and thank you for your help. We have now discovered there are two puppies and hopefully we can get them some shelter for the winter. We will keep you updated. Thanks again.
dave and bev
September 05, 2006 04:42PM
Hi,

We have today been in touch with a great lady Julie who's going to help us with the puppies but there is a lot more to do in this area for other dogs and puppies stranded by the fire. Anyone who could help in anyway all ideas would be welcome. A special thanks to Jane for the telephone numbers. Hopefully people can get something started to help with funds and equipment needed in this area.
Kalliope
September 22, 2006 03:38PM
hello
please contact www.argosgr.org
maybe they will help

many thanx for caring
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login