Royal Kostas Apartments - Monday

Posted by adrianomeara 
August 29, 2006 05:57PM
Anybody going out to Polichrono next week?

We will be there from Monday at the Royal Kostas Aparttments for our honeymoon.

First time in the region and really looking forward to it.

Any advice? Like where's nice to go?

Unfortunately we'll only be there for a week - so most of it will be on the beach :-)
Adrian Wright
Re: Royal Kostas Apartments - Monday
August 30, 2006 09:22AM
I am due to go there on the 25th September 2006. Can you let me know what its like after the fire and possible flooding that the area has had over the last few weeks.

Thanks.
Lisa Mancini
August 30, 2006 09:36AM
I think from other reading I have done the people at the Royal Kostas were evacuated but I dont think there was any damage as such.
There are lots of lovely places to go nearby and its easy to use taxis to get wherever you want adrian. Hanioti is worth a visit and is certainly a lively evening place. We loved Polichrono and there was a huge choice of places to eat.
The Royal Kostas are lovely appartments and very clean. Kostas is O.K but its definitely worth keeping on the right side of him!!! Dont go splashing in the pool!!! Lol!
Have a great honeymoon there and I am sure you will enjoy it. We found it very relaxing.
September 15, 2006 11:31AM
Hi Adrian

You can see some of the burnt trees from the back of the apartments, and more from when heading down to the beach and looking back up the hill. It is much worse on the road down to Hanioti. You could also still smell the burn slightly.

There was quite a lot of ash in the sea, but you wouldn't know it was ash if you didn't know before - it's just like little bits of seaweed. The sea is very clear.
The area was lovely and clean. Polichrono is very quiet. If you like cocktails try Tropicana on the front (turn right when you hit the beach). Cocktails are €4 till 11, although we had some at same price till long after most nights.

The apartments were nice and big and clean. Bit of a pain getting money from safe as you have to ask the owner each time- but he never seemed to mind.

I presume u are going with Thompson - trips are quite expensive but we enjoyed the sunset cruise a lot. (In Hanioti there was a very similar trip to the Mount Athos Cruise and it was at least £20 cheaper pp than the Thomson one, but you would have to make your own way there.)

All in all, lovely quiet week. I'm sure you'll enjoy it and fires/floods won't effect you. Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login