and ENGLISH COMMENTARY
in 'Akropolis' Restaurant in Kriopigi
ALL WELCOME!!
as well as SCOTLAND vs Faroe Islands
Germany vs IRELAND
and Czech Republic vs WALES

DEAR GUESTS.
DUE TO THE EURO-2008 FOOTBALL GAME between: ENGLAND vs ANDORRA ]
(Sat 2th SEP 19.00 hr) WE ARE HAVING OUR GREEK NIGHT THIS WEEK NOT on SATURDAY AS USUAL BUT on SUNDAY 3th SEP.

ALL WELCOME !!
lol
Sakis
The 'Akropolis' restaurant
Kriopigi

Static
Re: ENGLAND vs ANDORRA in KRIOPIGI !! and GREEK NIGHT
August 29, 2006 07:49AM
Sakis,

it's OK about soccer game but can you tell us some news regarding recent flood on Kassandra. What is present situation? Is it possible to swim in sea in this moment? We heard some very disturbing news...
August 29, 2006 10:31AM
For Static

I believe that one week after the fire, we all had enough from all those ….war
Reporters. And because it’s very difficult to answer to every one indivitiuall Il’ll do the last one answering to Static Worries
1)NO ,WAS NOT a extremely big rain on Kassandra Yesterday or the day before. We only had 20 minutes of heavy rain, and I’m SURE!!!
2)YES , Good thing that the fire is completely gone on every spot in Kassandra and there is no danger for a new one.
3)YES , there are no more smoking trees and bushes so the air IT IS VERY VERY CLEAN ALREADY!!
4)NO, Hanioti ,Polihrono, Pefkohori and other places (which ones really) they had no floods whatsoever and all the villages are CLEAN !! (How can a 20 minutes heavy rain can cause a flood…. really??)
5)NO, There is NOT a ecological catastrophe in Toroneos gulf or to Sithonia as large quantity of ash and dirt carried by the 20 minutes of rain DIDN’T GO TO THE SEA BUT kept from the small wooden dams that ,the authorities built the last 6 days once the fire was out. You see I don’t need to receive any information from any representative as I stay here with family and four children and WE ALL LOVE IT !!

Finally all hotels, apartments, studios, bar, tavernas, restaurants all kind of shops including banks taxis busses working as normal because everything is NORMAL !!!!
So NOTHING shouldn’t stop HOLIDAY MAKERS TO COME AND TO ENJOY A GREAT HOLIDAY IN our beautiful HALKIDIKI. !!
So from now on I’m going to post only posts with information that can make your holiday more enjoyable.

YIAMMAS !!

Sakis from
The “AKROPOLIS” restaurant
Kriopigi

Static
August 29, 2006 12:05PM
Very good news Sakis, thank you, but...

I just recevied yesterday photo from Pefkohori.

[server6.theimagehosting.com] flood.jpg

What can you tell us about this beach, this sea color, this "Fiat Stilo diving", this container...OR MAYBE THIS IS NOT PEFKOHORI - GREECE AT ALL.

I ASK YOU FOR HELP AND INFORMATION BECAUSE I NEED TO CAME TO PEFKOHORI WITH MY FAMILY AND KIDS, AND LOOK WHAT YOU GAVE TO US
"20 minutes of summer rain and cars in the sea!!!!!!!!!"
rik
August 30, 2006 09:46AM
Better use a objective news source instead of the restaurant-owner.
Sakis wants to have his restaurant filled and of course he sais nothing is wrong. Don't blame him.

According to him there was only 20 minutes of rain and no chance the fire would start again.

Well, from family that I have in Salonica every time I hear different kind of stories. Less positive.

And oh... the fire also started again. www.ekathimerini.com & www.ert.gr/en
August 30, 2006 03:23PM
Yes the area looks like Lebamon after ISRAELIAN bombing !! mmm

lol
Sakis
Petar
August 30, 2006 08:50PM
Sakis

I think it is not time for your stupid jokes.

This do not look like paradise place on postcards
www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_politics_100004_29/08/2006_73610
Or maybe Ekathimerini and ERT have intention to scare off tourists too?!?!?

We are all very concerned about situation on Kassandra!!!
August 31, 2006 08:45AM

Petra

I too saw the picture of the car in the sea. In Hanioti and Pefkohori there are huge channels that take the water from the mountain to the sea. Through the summer months people park in these channels. What they dont realise is when the rain is heavy these channels can turn into rivers. I suspect this is how the car ended up in the sea. We all know how the media like to dramatise everything, it sells newspapers. Others who actually live in these areas have also said all is well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login