Pefkohori Village

Pefkohori Village

Posted by Dan Reese 
Dan Reese
Pefkohori Village
August 27, 2006 07:56PM
Hello, myself and my girlfriend are coming next Thursday woo woo!! Im planning to ask her to marry me. Im plannin to ply her with as much alcohol as possible to increase my chances of her saying yes before I pop the question bwaaaahaaahaaaa (most evil laugh in the world).

Does anyone know of any romantic spots nearby where i could pop the question, ideally somewhere where we can watch the sun setting.
Or somewhere really dark so she can't see that the ring is plastic.

We are also planning to do a bit of snorkling while we are here as well so any ideas of a good beach would be welcomed. It would be a nice change to see a fish or two as all we can see through the brown water at home is the odd peice of toilet paper and maybe a turd if we are lucky.

Oh I knew there was something else, I hear that the village we are staying in is a little quiet but we want to be able to have a drink or two in a bar thats not too far away from our hotel (alia palace). We also want to do a bit of the old sing song on the karaoke if there is a bar close by that does it? For anyone living in the area I apologise in advance, no its not a distressed cat wailing its me attempting a Tom Jones classic.

Increase the peace

Dan

Re: Pefkohori Village
August 28, 2006 05:46AM
hiya dan going out to pef on thur 31st aug..for about the 7th time..my friend ian lives there we are both from liverpool..he actually got married at alia palace last sept ..i was best man..it was awesome the hotel is fantastic if you are interested in gettin married there it was i think 25 euro a head for everything..food and drink it was faultless..the hotel is set up high overlookin pef with infinity pool..amazin..they run a shuttle bus down to pef cause your about 15 min away but coming back after few beers..you will need taxi its all uphill..it will cost about 2euro..the taxis are right outside the bestbar on main road MAMOS BAR..dimitri and mamos are my good friends and they are all nice people there...along the seafront they snorkel around the pier loads of fish etc...also there is a pub called the barn they hav karioki later on but avnt been there myself..also if you like to walk nice stroll upto hanioti along the beach road takes about 40mins go and see my friend in beerhouse,,mario and vasilly..also oppisite lively bar called sunshine...anyway there is plenty of bars etc you will have great time ..if you are in mamos bar ask dimitri is alan in and have a beer or to hope this helps best wishes alan
Dan
August 28, 2006 02:07PM
Thanks for all the info Alan it was very hepful, maybe see you in Mamos next week.

Dan + Emma
DaveS
August 29, 2006 08:52AM
U cd pop the q on the sunset cruise, its one of the things on offer.

someone said watching the sun going down from the top of the road that goes from hanioti to nea skioni was quite good - the fires might have ruined the forest though. might be able to do same from the top of the road above the alia palace near agia paraskevi - not sure. you'll need transport to get to either unless you are OK for quite an uphill hike.
sharon
August 30, 2006 01:53PM
We got back from Pefkohori on wednesday following the fires we were evacuated and brought home early as the town had no electric supply. We stayed in the alia palace and it is untouched by the fire although the pine cloaked forrest at the top of the road is rather like charcoal now. MAMOS bar was fabulous and the owners looked after us. Ouzo with fanta lemon is just the best drink in the world.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login