> ashes because we have cleaned them.
> Hanioti ,Polihrono, Pefkohori, Nea Skioni and
> their people, do not need luck , we had a lot of
> it 2 days ago,or any more of those negative
> thoughts.
> We need your support and your positive thinking.We
> need your kindness, we need you to say that you
> are thinking of us.
> Kassandra will be reborn from their ashes.
> The sun stills shines and it is so bright and you
> can see that, because their is no smoke.
> Thank you all of you that you think of us and you
> will come back again !
>
As the forum is full of so much spam, thought I would bring this to the top, think it says everything

Re: Not so good news from Hanioti
August 25, 2006 08:18PM
joanne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anastasia Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think the post should change into " Good
> News
> > from Hanioti ".
> > The fire was here , yes , we have tasted it
> very
> > much !
> > It was around us , but we fought it , we
> protect
> > our guests , we protect our properties. We
> offered
> > food all night , water , milk, place to sit
> and
> > calm away from the fire.
> > Everybody was awake trying to put down the
> fire,
> > which was big, quick and sudden. Nobody
> expected
> > it.
> > And we have managed to survive with few to
> none
> > damages. The resort is ok, ALL the hotels are
> ok
> > and open and operates fully, among the
> thousands
> > of people there were only 26 people with
> breathing
> > problems.
> > The air is getting better every day, their
> are no
> > ashes because we have cleaned them.
> > Hanioti ,Polihrono, Pefkohori, Nea Skioni
> and
> > their people, do not need luck , we had a lot
> of
> > it 2 days ago,or any more of those negative
> > thoughts.
> > We need your support and your positive
> thinking.We
> > need your kindness, we need you to say that
> you
> > are thinking of us.
> > Kassandra will be reborn from their ashes.
> > The sun stills shines and it is so bright and
> you
> > can see that, because their is no smoke.
> > Thank you all of you that you think of us and
> you
> > will come back again !
> >
> As the forum is full of so much spam, thought I
> would bring this to the top, think it says
> everything
>
>

August 25, 2006 11:01PM
ANASTASIA
WE ARE ALL THINKING OF YOU,I HAVE THIS EVENING SPOKE WITH MENIA FROM THE CENTRAL CAFE,IT MUST HAVE BEEN A TERRIBLE ORDEAL FOR EVERYONE IN THE VILLAGE , AS YOU SAY IT HAPPENED SO QUICKLY, WE CANNOPT BEGIN TO IMAGINE WHAT IT WAS LIKE FOR YOU-I KNOW MANY VILLAGE PEOPLE HELPED TOURISTS TO SAFTEY, AND STILL HAD TO GO BACK TO PROTECT PROPERTIES AND HELP FIGHT THE FIRES.
WE HOPE IN OUR HEARTS THAT PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE TO COME TO THE VILLAGE, EXPERIENCE THE WARMTH OF THE PEOPLE,THE BEAUTY OF THE VILLAGE,PEOPLE RETURN YEAR AFTER YEAR, FOR US WE WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR FOR OUR 17TH YEAR, TOURISTS PLEASE LOOK BEYHOND THE DAMAGED WOODLAND, GO AND EXPERIENCE THE NATURAL BEAUTY OF THE AREA, THESE PEOPLE HAVE ALL WORKED TOGETHER TO CLEAN THE VILLAGE UP, HOURS OF HARD WORK-PLEASE DONT LET IT BE IN VAIN, THE AREA RELIES ON TOURISTS GIVE THEM YOUR POSITIVE SUPPORT-I WOULD RETURN TOMORROW.
TO OUR MANY FRIENDS ESPECIALLY THANASIS MENIA AND FAMILY YOU ARE IN OUR THOUGHTS, ANASTASIA WE HOPE YOUR ROOMS ARE ONCE AGAIN FILLED WITH JOY AND LAUGHTER.
TO THE PEOPLE OF HANIOTI--BE PROUD YOU HAVE DEALT WITH A TERRIBLE EVENT WITH DIGNITY AND A GLOWING PRIDE FOR YOUR VILLAGE AND COUNTRY
YES ANASTASIA KASSANDRA WILL RISE AGAIN FROM THE ASHES TO BE ONCE AGAIN THE HIDDEN PARADISE
OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU ALL
TAKE CARE
SHERRILYN STEVE
Anastasia
Re: GOOD NEWS FROM HANIOTI
August 26, 2006 10:34AM

Thank you everybody for thinking of us. Those full of warm messages, the phonecalls from friends to hear again our voice, the friends that are coming back just to make sure we are ok, all these make us feel stronger.
Life is back to normal, every thing has been cleaned, but that doesnot sell in TV, just disaster and panic sell.
Anyway we all put that back, tourists are back, and we start to think it is only an early beginning of the winter break.
Thank you once again for your support.
Anastasia
Pete
September 03, 2006 05:56PM
Great to hear everything is getting back to normal. We went to Halkadiki for the first time at the end of May. We went with Thompsons and stayed at abrilliant place half way between Hanioti & Polycrono. We took it in turns to walk to both resorts either during the day or for an evening out. What an excellent area - we cant wait to go back. We loved Western Crete and have been back many times, but now we have found a new love - Halkadiki. If you are near Hanioti - go to Kelfos Bar in the Square - They are wonderful people
September 05, 2006 12:36PM
Macintosh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Firstly I am staying at the Renaissance Hotel and
> would like to know if its ok and how much its been
> effected by the fire (also any information in
> general would be good to as I have never been to
> halkidiki or Greece before, whats it like etc?)
>
> Any replys would be great.
>
> Thanks
>
> Macintosh

We were staying at the Renaissance when the fire broke out and returned there for 9 more days after being evacuated. Their is no damage at all to the hotel and as most people have said in other posts the majority of the resort is absolutely fine. The smoke cleared within a few days and the locals did a great job of tidying everything up even after the thunderstorm washed all the ash into the sea!!! Have a great time there and enjoy!
Laura
September 05, 2006 01:34PM
Hi Phildo,

Do you have any other information on the Renaissance we are going there at the weekend.

Is it a nice hotel, is it def a 4* hotel?
What are the rooms and staff like?
Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.
September 05, 2006 03:56PM
Hi laura

Renaissance is v.good. Rooms are large and kept immaculate. It's easily a 4* by Greek standards, probably not if you're used to Spanish/Carribean etc.
The breakfast is really nice, loads of choice and open til 10am. Didn't eat there in the evening as we ate in town but it looked nice enough.
The pool is really clean and although it feels cool when you get in, it's actually really nice!! If you're into you're sunbathing - quick tip is to try and get the loungers at the end of the pool near to reception as the ones down the side of the pool are in the shade of the hotel by about 3pm.
Beach is 2 minute walk if you go down the path through the hotel grounds and out through the gate behind one of the accomodation blocks, just follow the path over the road and keep going. This part of the beach is a bit shingly but the further you walk towards town the better it gets. If you walk out of the main reception and head straight on, you'll be in the main square in about 3-4 minutes and if you carry on through the square you reach the main beach which is sandier in another minute or so.
Another thing to bear in mind is that there are lots of tavernas/bars/shops the other side of the resort centre. The Renaissance is on the quieter side of town, don't walk into the main square and think that's it. Keep going and explore!!!

Enjoy it!
Phil
Laura
September 05, 2006 04:28PM
Thanks - great advice especially about the sunbeds I will def keep that in mind. Im so pleased the hotel is nice, only three days to go now.

I'm so glad brekfast is served until 10, it's not a holiday without a lie in : )

Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login