Fire

Fire

Posted by Tanya 
Tanya
Fire
August 22, 2006 01:49PM
I am sick of everyone going on about the hotels in Halkidiki, all most people seem to be bothered about is wheather they can still go on hol, You need to be thinkin of all the people that live out there and that have lost their homes due to this fire!!
Re: Fire
August 22, 2006 01:56PM
Hi true there have been some homes destroyed and we all feel for those involved but tourism is the "life blood" of the region and many local people who rely on income from tourists I am sure are also keen to know the situation. They have a very long winter during which time many live on funds earnt during the summer. We hope people continue to go on their hols to Halkidiki and support the economy especially at this time .
August 22, 2006 02:28PM

Just seen a thomas cook spokesman on the news who says ' They will not be evacuating their customers to other resorts, as their hotels are fine'.
August 22, 2006 03:35PM
Tanya, people are not just worrying about their holidays. there are people who have been going to the area for years and know people who work there as i do, so of course we are worried about the hotels as in the people, their homes and jobs
Tanya
August 22, 2006 03:53PM
Nicola
I have been goin 2 halkidiki for 16 years so i know a lot of people there one of the familys i know are now homeless as there villa in the forest has burnt down.
I know people are woriied but there is always someone worse off and i wanted people to know that
I am goin there in 2wks and the last thing im worried about is wheather or not my holiday is being cancelled i am more concerned about my homeless friends.
OK nicola??!!!
hassan
August 22, 2006 04:02PM
everyone is thinking about the people that are out in the area and by what has happened and is saddened by the affect this has had on both the holidaymakers in the resort and also the locals. But in regards to people thinking about there holidays..... of course some people will be concerened!!!! Many families save for a long time to be able to afford the astronomical prices for a family summer holiday and to know that something you have saved for, for all that time is now in the middle of what the foreign office have delared a "disaster area" is not good.
And as every tour operator ais saying that all is fine, does not fill these people with hope when the news and media are bombarded with news of doom and gloom.

So I think you really should think about those people as well!!
Stella
August 22, 2006 04:20PM
I agree with Tanya, she is not telling people to stop thinking about holidaymakers, she is just asking that we all think about the people that are living there and that don't have any money for accomodation if there houses have been affected from the fire.
Yassas
August 22, 2006 04:31PM
i will not stop going to Halkidiki myself i dont care about anything other than my friends who live there and everybody who has lost their homes etc. my thoughts are with them all
Tanya
August 22, 2006 04:44PM
Exactly Kerrie, well said!! i appreciate that people are worried about going on hols there, but im jus worried about friends i have there that have lost their homes etc
At least holidaymakers still have a home when they get back off hol, for some Greek people it could of been there only home that has been burnt down!
August 22, 2006 04:46PM
can anyone advise as to the damage in polichrono? i cannot contact anybody!! my thoughts go out to everyone!
August 22, 2006 04:53PM
Hello Tania!
Kiss for you, from Belgrad!
boban AT rubotrade DOT co DOT yu
Boban
Tanya
August 22, 2006 04:54PM
Thank u Boban
dave naylor aka dave starkey
August 23, 2006 03:03PM
i also would like to re-iterate all you have said i am a mancunian working out here for the summer singing and doing karaoke and quiz please all the people in the uk who have booked keep the booking and come out it is a fantastic place i have been here for the last four years hope to see peple at the calypso,strand village and vicky apts
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login