Fire in Kassandra
August 22, 2006 10:56AM
Greece forest fire 'under control'
www.guardian.co.uk/uklatest/story/0,,-6030689,00.html

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 22/08/2006 05:42PM by Nikos.
Vikki Burgoyne
Pefkohori - petridis apartments
August 22, 2006 11:52AM
Am due to fly outto halidiki, pefkohori on the 31/08. and am going to the petridis.

Does anyone know if they are ok? also how is the surrounding area. I am 4 months pregnant and getting a bit worried. Have spoke to my tour op but they are not being very helpful.

any news / Info would be much appriciated..

Many thanks

Vikki, Dave and baby.
Re: Fire in Kassandra - post your reports here
August 22, 2006 12:40PM
Vikki,

there will be no problem by then. There is nothing that you should worry about.

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
August 22, 2006 12:45PM
I have uploaded some photos taken last night from Sithonia, showing the fire in Kassandra. I would have taken more pictures but my camera run out of battery.
www.halkidiki.com/photo-album/index.php

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
Helen Gilfoyle
August 22, 2006 03:07PM
I was in Hanioti at the Hilltop Hotel 3 weeks ago and was really shocked to see the fires.
I am worried about Pat, Chris and co at the Hilltop and the lovely Laurence at Gustos in the Square.

Helen
Dom
August 22, 2006 04:13PM
Im going to Kripogi on thursday, tour operator said all was okay but after checking up it sounds a lot worse than the news said. Whats Kripogi like???
Charlotte
August 22, 2006 04:24PM
Hello

Nikos apologies for asking a question but I am due to go to Daphne Apartments on 31st August. I have spoken to the tour operator and they are very vague at the moment. Could anyone put my mind at ease as I am really looking forward to the holiday but worried about the fire damage?

Thanks

C
Dom
August 22, 2006 05:08PM
My apologies I should have read your post properly Nikos. Once again Sorry.
Dom
Erik
August 22, 2006 05:47PM
I did not know anything of fire in Kassandra. But I just saw a report on the belgian television news. I saw that there has been a big problem in HOTEL KASSANDRA PALACE in Kriopigi. This is the hotel where we have been in the month of May. So it direcly got our attention. We saw that, last night, tourists have suddenly been evacuated from the hotel. They had to enter small boats, in order to escape. One german tourist died because he felt out of such a small boat. Terrible... and we feel with all the unlucky tourists!
Hotel Kassandra Palace is such a good hotel, in an amazing beautiful garden... We hope that the situation is not too bad.
Re: Fire in Kassandra
August 22, 2006 08:00PM
Hi,

I seem to be experencing same kind of problem as many others. My tour operator seems to be happy to take money off me for holiday, however not to keen to help answer any of my questions.

Please help someone. My fiance and I are due to fly out to Kriopigi this Thursday (24/8/2006). Very concerned about the devastating news. Has Kriopigi been badly affected?? Also is there still lots of smoke/ash in the atmosphere - My Fiance is asthmatic and I need to know before we fly out.

Please help

Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login