Damaged Hotels??

Damaged Hotels??

Posted by Ollie 
Ollie
Damaged Hotels??
August 22, 2006 08:12AM
Can anyone give information about the fire or hotels damaged by the fire. I am travelling to the Hanioti Village Hotel on 31/08/2006. Thanks
Re: Damaged Hotels??
August 22, 2006 08:25AM
Hi Ollie

We are due to fly out on Saturday to the Hanioti Village Hotel and a friend went yesterday. We rang last night to see if she had arrived safely but the line was unobtainable. I will keep trying to gethold of the boys at the Hotel and if I hear anything, I will let you know.

Shirley
Victoria
August 22, 2006 09:21AM

Due to fly out on Thursday, Does anyone know if the Calypso Hotel has suffered from any damage?

August 22, 2006 09:55AM
Hi,

We are travelling over to Polichrono on 4th September, and as it is to be our Honeymoon I wanted to ensure it was special. As you can imagine I am a little concerned as to what we are going to get.

I spoke to Thomson at 8.30am this morning (UK time) and they had been told to continue take bookings as normal. They were hoever having at a meeting at 10.30am where an update would be given. (I have not yet heard anything further.)

I was then asked to ring the customer care line, and they stated that the Royal Kostas Apartments in Polichrono was one of the complexes that was evacuated. They could not tell me if it had been damaged. They also said it was too late to change the destination and we would only be offered alternative accomodation if absolutely necessary. (I will however fight this if needs be, I wouldn't have minded if it wasn't to be our honeymoon-you only get one (hopefully!).

If I do happen to be informed of anything different I will let you know. In the meantime my thoughts go out to those people out there and their families.
August 22, 2006 10:36AM
I am also flying out thurs - where are you flying from?

August 22, 2006 10:40AM
Hi spoke to friends who own central cafe in Hanioti this morning. No hotels damaged - fire reached woods outside village - embers blown on wind caused some damage to supermarket roof on main road - burnt out some cars and destroyed a beach bar on outskirts of village - no water or electricity at 8 am this morning GMT. smoke that was choking the village has cleared due to strong winds. Hotel such as Hanioti village daphne Ampelia lesse that are on outskirts of Hanioti appear to be relatively OK.
August 22, 2006 10:54AM

Spoke to our friends who were staying at our house next door to the Ampelia Hotel, Poppy and Pantalis are okay and so is the hotel. Cant imagine what our beautiful forest now looks like. Our house is okay but with no water and electric. Our friends have taken a taxi to Selonica to stay in a hotel.

Our thoughts are with all our friends in the area, thinking of you all................Joanne and John
August 22, 2006 11:06AM
Ditto....thinking of everyone out there and praying for a safe return to normality....

Shirley
danieli
August 22, 2006 01:23PM
Please, does anyone know if the Calypso Hotel from Hanioti has suffered from any damage?
Do you have news about the Hanioti"s situation?
It is damaged or is OK?

Thanks,
Daniel I
August 22, 2006 01:29PM
does anyone know if the hotel Angelo is ok?
August 22, 2006 05:22PM
Angelo and calypso are Ok - spoke to friends in Hanioti this morning.
Daniel I
August 23, 2006 06:15AM
Steve Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Angelo and calypso are Ok - spoke to friends
> in Hanioti this morning.

Thanx Steve.
I hope all people from the affected resorts are OK.

danieli
Thunderer
August 23, 2006 07:10AM
Can anyone tall me if water and electricity are back up and are the consequences of the fire visible from within Hanioti?
August 23, 2006 08:23AM
Hi - spoke to Billy this morning at the Hanioti Village Hotel, they are all ok, have lost their beautiful trees at the front of the hotel and had to empty the swimming pool to damp down the surrounds but up and running and hopefully will soon be back to normal. Can't wait to see them all on Saturday.

Shirley

ALLY
August 23, 2006 08:56AM
Was at the Naias 27TH JULY- 10th Aug
Does Anyone Know How Things Are There
Sending My Love To Mary, Demetrios(dave), Alex,Ellis,Maria,Leo,Romeo and everyone else at the Naias, See you all next year xxxxxx
August 23, 2006 12:01PM
spoke to gary at the Angelo last night, only damage there was a small fire on the restaurant roof but everything else is ok.
Brenda drinkwater
August 23, 2006 12:15PM
Did he mention the Cleopatra accross the road from the Angelo. am very worried could not get through by phone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login