Fire in Hanioti

Fire in Hanioti

Posted by bebe beca 
al
Re: Fire in Hanioti
August 25, 2006 03:56PM
YES THEY ARE IN 1 PIECE THATS WHERE WE ENDING UP ON THE NIGHT OF THE FIRE,
THEY HAD SOME MES TO CLEAN UP BUT THE APARTMENTS ARE FINE.
LEO WAS FAB ON THAT NIGHT
ALISON
August 25, 2006 04:00PM
Its in one piece but has smoke damage its was very close to the flames
August 25, 2006 05:49PM
I think the best thing to do is call your operator and ask them if things are OK. I have been reading the posts on here for an hour now and I am rather confused. Some say all is OK, some say otherwise. Your tour operator should be being regularily updated on the state of play.

My best wishes go out to everyone out there and to those who had been there through this ordeal.

xx
ioana
August 25, 2006 06:29PM
Hi everybody!
my boyfriend and I are due to Polychrono on the 6th of September. Please, can anyone say how everyhing is around there?
How does the place look like? any dangers?
we can't make up our mind what to do...
tnx
Dan Reese
August 25, 2006 06:39PM
I too am going out next week and apparently the village itself has not suffered any damage
Jeff fourkas mad dog man
August 27, 2006 05:34AM
LETS ALL GO TO FOURKA INSTEAD

its not burnt its clean n tidy and has beaches too

not as many shops as Hanioti but then IM on HOLIDAY not a SHOPPING trip

Rant finished soap box in Refuse bin

sorry folks but if your booked GO see for your selfs you can always move resort if your not happy
wiganwarrior
August 29, 2006 12:05PM
Ive just been on the phone to my mate who lives in Hanioti....everything calm now and getting back to normal so you wont have a problem.

Andy
ray & jo
August 29, 2006 08:26PM
has anybody returned from pefkohori since the fire?
were booked to go to the pella studios on 21st sept & were taking another couple
who have never been to greece before to show them how nice it is!!???
to be honest we did try to cancel but were told we only get 20% of our money back
so we might aswell go, but would like to know what to expect.
'bit concerned
ray & jo
linda casey
Re: Fire in pefkohora
September 01, 2006 04:44PM
dated 1st sept
whats the latest news on pefkohora has it been badly damaged due to fly out shortly
Re: Fire in pefkohora
September 01, 2006 05:51PM

For info on Pefkohori look at the thread started by Rita......................its all good
steven
September 01, 2006 09:34PM
Has anyone come back from hanotti recentlly? Just wanted to know what its like and how much damage there is? Its very hard to juhge from media coverage

Thanks a lot
September 01, 2006 10:15PM
Steven,

I came back the week after the fire and was there on the night contary wto what the media have portrayed the fire was mainly in the forest surrounding Hanioti.

The town itself is fine there was very little damage to it

Chris
keith whitehead
September 02, 2006 08:04AM
hi i live about 500 yards from the Pella Hotel, i am here in Hanioti now i have been here for one week already, i missed the fire but can assure you that there is no problem here now. the beach is clear the weather is fine and everything is back to normal so please come and enjoy yourselves by the way i have been living here for l0 years and am now looking to buy a newer house and i would not be doing this if it was bad here or unsafe so once again please come and enjoy. regards keith
julie
September 02, 2006 11:44AM
Due to fly out on thurs 7th, is everything back to normal? What are the conditions like now? We have allocation on arrival in halakidiki, has the scenery been affected?
Thanks julie
Geoff Irwin
September 02, 2006 11:52AM
Due to travel to Aparthotel Alkion (Kriopigi) 14th Sept, can anyone give update on conditions there and round about.
steverg22
September 02, 2006 11:58AM
hi
i an due to fly out on 7/9/06 with a party of 4 inc aged mother.

what is the aftermath of fire like , much damage ?

where are the worst affected areas ?

is the atmosphere now clear

have allocation on arival is there any areas i should avoid ?

thanks
steve
nigel &ann ogarr
pauls place &the pella studios
September 02, 2006 03:43PM
we was in halkidikki in june this year and are going back on the 14th sep,
it will be our 7th time we love it special thanks to phill and annette at pauls place
and a special thanks to theo and is family at the pella studio
sophia
September 03, 2006 01:04PM
Does anyone know if there are any problems with mobile phone networks/signals etc in polichrono as i've been trying to get through to someone since the fire and it just keeps ringing and ringing.

thanks.
ang
September 03, 2006 07:41PM
Hi

Just come back from the Alkion Apts in Kriopigi on 31st Aug. Was out there during the fire. Luckily Kriopigi wasn't affected (apart from electricity off for the evening). Other resorts getting back to normal, so you should be fine.

By the way, Alkion apts are lovely.
September 08, 2006 12:24PM
HELLO FROM THE HEART OF HANIOTI,LIFE HERE IS BACK TO NORMAL 2 DAYS AFTER THE FIRE AND TODAY WE HAVE 80% FULL ON ALL HOTELS.THE MEDIA WANTED SPECIALY THE GREEK THE PLACE TO DIE BECAUCE HALKIDIKI WAS THIS YEAR No1 IN GREECE BUT THEY DIDNT SUCSESS BECAUSE HALKIDIKI IS THE BEST PLACE IN GREECE AND THEY KNOW THAT.HANIOTI IS REALLY OK ,ONLY THE FOREST TOP OF THE ROAD IS BURNED.THE RESORT IS FULL OF LIFE AGAIN.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login