Hanioti - places to go!! URGENT!!!

Posted by dean walsh 
August 21, 2006 03:43PM
Okay!! Halkidiki visitors i need your help!

I am flying out to Hanioti to stay at the Lesse Studio's (cannot wait) and am looking for popular or recommended places to go....... Close to my heart are.....

A good cheap Breakfast!!
Nice Restaurants!
Places to have few beers!
Lively bars or friendly places to drink where everyone just has a good time!!

Anyone going to be out there same time??

Many thanks for yoru help!! I am online until Wed afternoon!! I look forward to your replies!!
Thanks

Dean
Jorgen
Re: Hanioti - places to go!! URGENT!!!
August 21, 2006 07:42PM
I and my family just arrived from Hanioti. Freinds of us are still there, they called us this afternoon, and told us there is a big fire in the town. They are sitting on the beach near by the hotel Naias, waiting for further information.

Back to your question:
Cheap breakfast, we had ouers in the apartment, so I cant help you, but nice resturant, o yes:-) Try the La Romanitca, it sounds romantic, I know, but it is very good food ther, and the owner is a nice man, speaking very good english. The prices are nice too.
A few beers, almost everyvere...
Lively bars...I liked the bar called "afros", the have internet access for 5 euros pr houer, yhe music bar across the street was very nice too:-)

I hope your stay want be affected by the fire in the town. I will try to post more info here for you, if I can reach my good friends down there again...

Jorgen
August 21, 2006 10:42PM
Okay thats brilliant!!

Any news on the effects of the fire on Hanioti would be much appreciated!!

Many thanks

Dean
dave
August 22, 2006 09:49AM
kelfos is the best bar in hanioti, good music, jus like a party in there everynight
Helen Gilfoyle
August 22, 2006 03:35PM
Kelfos is a great bar. Spent most nights there.

For great Italian food go to Gustos in the square. If you do, ask for Laurence. He's great and say hello from Helen Tell him to let me know that he is ok after all the fire business.

The beach bar is fantastic if you fancy chilling - expensive though.

Don't go to the greek looking restaurant opposite Kelfos and Gustos. Food crap unless you like wall to wall flies.

Fire or not - I am dead jealous!

Have fun and don't forget to say hi to Laurence.

H
Hannah
August 22, 2006 05:34PM
Hi,

I'm staying in the Lesse hotel for a week from 31/08 with 2 friends - can't wait but a little concerned about the fires!!! - if anyone has any news let me know smiling smiley

Hannah
Loz
August 22, 2006 06:15PM
I have just come back from 2 weeks at staying in this hotel (Lesse Studios) with my boyfriend and my family. Im 20 and my boyfriend is 22. Im not one of those people who come on these things and just moan about little silly things everything iam going to write on here is 100% true. People who stayed at this hotel the same time as us will surely agree. 27th july-10 August. What a waste of money!!! I was really dissapointed. The rooms shown on there website and in brochures are lovely but when we got there they where the worst rooms i have ever stayed in. They where more than basic. No fancy flowers or spacious posh looking rooms that are shown on the internet. We looked at different rooms in different blocks aswell because we where thinking of upgrading but they wernt any better. We asked to be on top floor and sea view but when we looked over our balcony you could see a tiny bit of sea the right and a load of bushes on a piece of what looked like waste land. There are no lifts and has 4 floors. it was £25 pound for a safe key and that wasnt a deposit that you get back. The maids where a bit shit at cleaning e.g mopping the floor with dirty water that made our room stink!! The sunbeds are dirty off peoples feet and sn lotion with them not being plastic but they where very comfortable.The building itself looks nice but they dont keep on top of things like maintenence e.g. the pool was an absolute disgrace, the bottom of the pools where all coming away and alot of people cut their feet because of this, even the baby pool!!! Those pieces where very sharp aswel.i saw Afew people takin photgraphs of things like the bottom of the pool. So hopefully they will put them on here to sow you. The lights that are in the pool where constantly floating ontop of the water. The tiles at the top end of the pool had all fallen off. There where constantly twigs & creatures floating in the pool as they have pine trees all around the complex. The food in the hotel was quite nice. George the barman was great he's a good laugh and deserves better than working there. Around the pool area and pool bar where never cleaned the floor was constantly dirty. People complained about this and it got cleaned the day after but after that it didnt get cleaned again. This hotel could be nice if they kept up with stuff like this. There is a gate behind block B which takes you to the beach and the square. This closed at 8. The beach was ok. It was very stoney.Quite hard to walk on because it hurts your feet so i bought some beach shoes which where well worth it! The sea was gorgeous and clean and lovely clear blue. There are pedlows which where 10 euros for an hour which was good. It also had jet ski's which where 30 euros for 15 minutes. The hotel is set about a 5 minute walk from hanoiti town which is a good place to go. a good few coctail bars and nice shops.The square was better than i expected. There was one bar, cant remember its name, that always had big brother on!! haha. I found the holiday quite boring as whenever we go away we always go on a excursion but in halkidiki they where so expensive! £140 for 3 people to go on a jeep safari. We've been on jeep safari's before and its been 10 each person. Everything was so expensive compered to other holidays ive been on. I would never recomend this hotel to anyone. As it states its a 4 star!!! No way. I stayed in a 3star in barcelona and it was out of this world compered to lesse. Me and alot of people who stayed the same time as us would rate it as a high 2 star. Lesse hotel needs to look after their hotel and take up to date photographs of everything as those photos must have been took as soon as it opened 3 or 4 years ago i think. It is not fair for people to think they are going to stay at a nice posh hotel and be dissapointed when they get there. Me personally would never go back to halkidiki as there is not much there to do. If you need to know anything or have any questions about lesse studios or halkidiki please ask an i'll be happy to write back to you.
mark and helen
August 22, 2006 06:35PM
hi, we go a week on thursday but my wife has been 15 times now, its lovely, not sure if the fires will be cleared up by the time you go, we fly 31 august, you must go to the kassandra roof garden resturant its owned by our good friend nicos and family, his brother saki owns the fish bar next door, we will probably see you there if your still there from the 31st. there are nice bars along the beach by the strand hotel, also there are lovely facilities at the niaas hotel on the beach, its lovely in hanioti, dont let the problems with the fires stop you, we have been assured all is ok now dispite the news reports. they have blown it out of proportion. hope we see you there, mark and helen. enjoy.
August 22, 2006 07:58PM

Your right about the news reports especially Sky News. Friends out there are saying the power and water is back on. I hope all this negative reporting is not going to stop people from going there. The people of the village, not so much the big hotels rely on this income from tourism to get them through the winter.
August 23, 2006 10:55AM
Dean try the breakfast at Amethystos (between the two supermarkets) on the way to the square from the Lesse. I hate to say this but their chips are wonderful!! I don't eat them at home but they are famed for them!! Also try the Garden restaurant - it's on the right on the road that leads from the sqaure to the beach....

Flying out myself on Saturday!!!

Shirley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login