Typical Weather for June

Typical Weather for June

Posted by rachael 
Typical Weather for June
July 23, 2006 08:25PM
Hi...

What is the typical weather for June? I have been in May and was a bit cooler some days, and have been in September where it was nice.

We are planning for June next year but have just read some posts that have mentioned rain etc...

Can anyone advise?

Thanks.
Rachael
di james
Re: Typical Weather for June
July 23, 2006 10:21PM
Hi we returned 13th july and had one bad day in our fortnight. Storm previous evening sndf then a cloudy day which was acctualy quite cold too.The rest of the days were perfect, sometimes a little cloudy, but it was welcome as it was so hot. People who had been there a week when we got there said it had rained a lot the previous week, which would have been the last week in june. Also before i went i read a lot of reports saying that the weather had not been good and there had been a lot of rain. I dont know whether this is typical weather or unusual.
July 24, 2006 06:46AM
We have been going 28+ years, always in June, and for three years we lived there April til October. We never had much rain at all, and on a two week holiday NEVER got more than an odd bad day.

This year we went 15 June for 3 weeks. We got about five evenings where it rained (mostly overnight, although two started early evening), and we got one day where it rained all day (although we were in Thessaloniki then and apparently in Halkidiki it was only raining half the day).

So it is unusual. Global warming is changing the climate everywhere so I don't think anywhere can be guaranteed now. We even got really bad days in Thailand during the supposedly dry season.

Best not to worry. When it does rain it dries up quickly, and like us youmay get a really good 3 weeks with just one bad day, which actually came as a relief as temperatures had graduallly moved up from 27 on arrival to 38, and it was extremely humid some days which again is unusual for Greece.

Jane
Lyn
July 24, 2006 08:12AM
I was out there in June. Had a lot more rain than I expected but was told by someone that he thought it was because they had had such a cold winter. Don't know whether this would make any difference or not. Still had a great holiday.
July 24, 2006 08:50AM
Whereabouts were you Lyn, and what dates? We were at Siviris, although we travelled most days around to different parts, but we had no rain in the day at all til the last Monday 3 or was it 2 July in Thessaloniki?

Mind you when we lived there, we often missed the rain at Mola Kaliva when it swept in a band across the middle.

Strange. But like I said, we were lucky to get three weeks of dry weather (in the day), I know the week before we arrived it had rained a lot (7-14 June) which is very unusual.

Jane
jeff fourkas mad dog man
July 24, 2006 09:41PM
hi jane

lol u get nearer to fourka
July 25, 2006 07:40AM
Jeff, gosh I must start going backwards again away from Fourka....!!!!!!! LOL

I must say though we have always liked Siviris, and now we can book direct it is great. The UK tour operators, as usual, dumped Siviris when they didnt get what they wanted. So now it is a German resort! However, we know the quiet places on the beach front, can't speak German but can speak Greek, and found a great place to stay five mins from the beach (although it seemed like 25 mins in June, it was just so hot to walk back!)

When are you going back. I think you will see a huge change. We found it to be extremely busy at weekends, more so than ever before. To be absolutely honest, we preferred it as it was about 10 years ago, but while there are still some quiet areas and we still have our friends there, we will still go back.

Bye for now
Jane
Lyn
July 26, 2006 10:36AM
We were in Paliouri for 2 weeks on 8th June.The first week was a bit chilly some days and lots of rain. The second week was very hot.
July 27, 2006 05:57PM
Rachael

We have been to Halkidiki for many years now.

We have been end of July and end of August we have experienced excellent sunshine but also unfortunately thnderstorms and very heavy rain it may last a day it may last an hour but it does not deter us from going back the weather is never guaranteed anywhere.

Regards Sharron
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login