chrousso village any one tell me?

chrousso village any one tell me?

Posted by leza 
leza
Re: chrousso village any one tell me?
August 07, 2006 09:48AM
i agree di, i'll be doing all the packing for all of us, he'll check to see what i've got out for him, thats about all for his contribution, at least he'll carry the cases tho!
di james
August 07, 2006 09:53AM
Yes leza, they do come in handy for some things dont they!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lyn
August 07, 2006 10:13AM
My husband must be an exception. He packed everything. lol
leza
August 07, 2006 08:38PM
did he make you carry the cases then lyn? ha ha
Inez
August 08, 2006 04:52PM
Hi Dianne
Am on antibiotics, not feeling well. Got a lump behind my ear. Dr said its an infection, will feel better tomorrow hopefully.
Wanted to ask you a few questions.
1. Can you buy tablecloths in Greece? Especially the Christmas ones?
2. Going shopping tomorrow for girls flip flops etc etc etc, if I cannot get them flip flops, does the supermarket out there have them?
3. Do they give you wine for your apartment? Or do you buy your own? Ive heard the blue bottled wine is good.
I think that will do for now, no doubt as the panic sets in I will be asking more!!!!!!

Speak to you later
Inez
xxxxxx

Leza, have you done all your shopping yet?
di james
August 08, 2006 09:58PM
Inez , hope your feeling better. You dont want to be on antibiotics when your away, you wont be able to drink. I didnt see any table cloths at all, and i did go in practically every shop in hanioti and pefklori. They sell pool shoes in the little supermarket, they are brilliant if the kids will wear them, as mine is only six she wasnt aware that they werent at all trendy, but older kids i imagine would say I am not wearing them.They were made of wet suit material if you know what i mean and covered the whole foot.They do not give out wine in bottles for your room as they do on some all inclusives. However the wine is really cheap and you could take some back to your room in glasses from the bar, if your not too drunk to spill them.
August 09, 2006 08:02AM
Hi Inez

I have bought several tablecloths (and saw Christmas ones) in a shop in Hanioti. From the square with the kiosk behind you (where you can buy your phone cards and ciggies), it is on the street with the Italian restaurant on your left. It's on the right hand side (if it's still there).

Shirley
Inez
August 09, 2006 10:15AM
Thanks ever so much Di.
Feeling lots better going shopping soon. Thanks for all your advice. It sounds brilliant, also it sounds as if you have got the bus into various towns in the evening rather than the daytime. My kids would refuse to budge from the pool and be dragged out in blistering heat to go shopping, but however in the evening I am sure they will be ok. Can we just hop on the evening bus or do we have to book?
Speak to you later
Inez xxxxx
Do you have to book Pirate Ship as soon as you arrive at resort? Or can you book when you feel like it?

Shirley,
Wow!! Thanks!! We saw some in Cyprus 2 years ago, but ran out of money!!! So was hoping Greece would have them. Are they expensive? Looking for one that goes on a dining table seating 6. with christmas trees or whatever round the edges.
I have written Hanioti in block capitals on my notepad!!
August 09, 2006 10:22AM
Hi Inez

The one I bought last year was all cut out and sewn with olives and leaves etc. It was a present for my sister and was oblong for a table which seats six. If I remember rightly, it cost about £40. There's a lot of work in them!! I didn't take too much notice of the Christmas patterns in the 30 degree heat.

PS When you book the pirate ship, make sure it's the one with the crazy captain......and be ready for his pistola jokes!!
Gill
August 09, 2006 12:29PM

Hiya All
Shirley have you been yet? If so what did you think. I remember you from the forum in June and early July

Di ,you are doing a wonderful job keeping everybody informed!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever happened to Colin from Blackburn he hasnt reported in yet with his thoughts?

Inez you will love the Chrousso. Have a lovely time I wish I was going tomorrow. Hope you feel better too the antibiotics should be kicking in by now hopefully

Gill

August 09, 2006 12:40PM
Hi Gill

No, I go two weeks on Saturday and counting!! Going to the Hanioti Village Hotel for the 9th Time. Absolutely love it!!
leza
August 09, 2006 03:41PM
hi every one

yes inez think i've got everything covered, i've packed 1 suitcase with shoes and beach towels, leaving the rest until day before.

i agree gill, di is an invaluable member!
di james
August 09, 2006 10:26PM
HI ALL, inez hope your feeling better today.Yes we did go out in the evening it was far too hot in the day. We couldnt get our little girl to move she loved the pool too much. We booked the bus four times and always got on when we wanted, but i would book about two days before you want to go. We didnt go on the pirate cruise, but i heard you are better booking it yourself down at the beach as its a bit cheaper.

Gill will be in touch, everybody rallying around and inviting me here there and everywhere, because carls away, i havent had a minute to myself, they all mean well but i just want a bit of peace.Speak to you soon.

Leza, as long as the shoes are packed thats the main thing!!!!
Inez
August 10, 2006 01:14PM
Hi Di, Leza, Gill, Shirley and anyone else I may have left out!!!
Feeling much better thanks. My lymph nodes have gone down so antibiotics are working, thank god!!
Think Dianne said I could walk to Hanioti so will get my tablecloth there!!! Got a right bee in my bonnet about the darn thing already!!!
Think we are taking 800 euro! Hope thats enough am worried. Never done all inclusive b4.
Yes I did manage to get everything yesterday. Spend too much. Purse accidentally flew open and money flew out. Accident!!! Must eat beans on toast for the rest of the week!!!! Or anything else that is cheap!!
Speak to you all later!!!
Inez
xxxxxxx
P.S My house is still a mess, Kids eh!!!
di james
August 10, 2006 05:05PM
Leza gill inez shirley, hi all.

inez, you cant walk to hanioti, just paliouri the local town, which is small but worth a visit.Glad your feeling better, and all the shopping is done. You will be fine with 800 euros, honestly, you could go with nothing and you would be ok!!! Then again, how much do you intend to spend on table cloths, ha ha.
Inez
August 10, 2006 09:16PM
Hi Di
Only one table cloth!!!!! I heard that you cannot flush loo paper in the toilets out there. Is that right!!
Inez
xx
di james
August 10, 2006 10:55PM
Inez, you can, it used to be like that years ago in greece, i can remember going to crete 1986, i was pregnant with my eldest, the toilets were all just like a little shower cubicle with a hole in the floor, it was awful. You couldnt flush paper down in them days, you can now. How many sleeps now?
Inez
August 11, 2006 09:33AM
Hi Dianne
Going next Thursday at 5.40 so got to leave home at 2am. Wont be going to bed Wednesday night!!!!
Still worrying if we have enough money!!
August 11, 2006 09:40AM
15 sleeps for me, can't wait. Also can't believe that I booked it 10 months ago!! where has the time gone??? Going racing tomorrow, hoping to win some more money to spend.

Shirley
di james
August 11, 2006 08:59PM
Inez, you WILL have enough money. stop worrying.

Shirley, enjoy your racing where you going?/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login