Just back from Halkidiki

Just back from Halkidiki

Posted by Jane 
Just back from Halkidiki
July 11, 2006 10:16AM
Just got back on Thursday from Halkidiki. We were there for three weeks and the weather was clear blue skies and sunshine the whole time (except last Monday in Thessaloniki when it rained all day). Apparently on the Monday it rained in Halkidik too, but only the morning. We had rain and storms a few nights. It was very very hot during our second week, 38 deg on the shade thermometer.

We stayed at Siviris and encountered absolutely no problems with wasps at all, in fact I can only remember seeing a couple or so. We did get mozzied though, wherever we went and at one stage I had 16 bites despite citrinella candles, citrinella spray, mozzie wipes etc etc. I think they just like me !

Although we stayed at Siviris, we visited our friends in Kriopigi almost every day, went to Hanioti, Paliori, Loutra, Fourka, Pefkohori and Skioni, and we never had a problem with any wasps or horseflies. The only place we didnt go was Golden Beach or Chrousso, so it may be a problem in that area.

We also went to SIthonia to VouVouRou which was lovely, and again no wasps !

Our only disappointment is that after 29 years or so of going it is now getting so built up, and the weekends are horrendous with traffic, so bad we stayed in Siviris on weekend evenings rather than get frustrated trying to park.

Siviris by the way was lovely, we have been there before, and used to go a lot to the beach when we lived there. It has remained fairly quiet, even the weekends didnt pose a problem, but there were sufficient people about to get some atmosphere, and lots of spare beach space away from the main beach, along the narrow one. Hardly anybody there in the week.

Have a great time anybody there now or about to go.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login