Polichrono Beach

Polichrono Beach

Posted by BBGun 
Polichrono Beach
July 10, 2006 07:20AM
Hi Everyone,

My partner and I are travelling to Polichrono this Thursday and we cannot wait! I have read an awful lot of opinions on here about various things, but one thing that I haven't found out is how busy is the beach?

Understandably, we'll be there right in the middle of July so it will be at its busiest, but how busy is that? I get the impression it's a narrow beach but if sometone could describe it a little it'll be much appreciated.

Also, I gather the beach is quite long, so if it were busy right in the centre are there opportunities to walk a little while a find quiet spots further along?

Thanks,

Bill
Re: Polichrono Beach
July 10, 2006 08:43AM

Hi Bill,

the beach stretches all the way along the coast to the neighboring villages, it is sandy in some places shingle in others. Yes it will be easy to find your own quiet spot, so good idea to get a parasol and cool bag.

Regards Joanne
vm
Re: Polichrono Beach
July 10, 2006 06:47PM
Hi BB,
me again.
maybe you will get the chance to rent a car there.
yes July can be crowded but driving in halkidiki shouldn't be much of a problem.
Thus u can choose your own beach.
paliouri has a nice beach but as you'll have a mean of transportation you can circle the peninsula.
afternoons are nicer on the west shores and possidi, fourka nea skioni or siviri can be just as nice as polihrono.
to cirle the peninsula is about 40 miles.
you figure it out.
have a good one out there.
P.s.
keep me posted on your impression as u return.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login