HELP!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!

Posted by Vicky 
HELP!!!!!!!
July 06, 2006 08:16PM
Has anybody got married in Halkidiki ??

We have been given advise form various people regarding the documentation that is required.

We have had our bands done and are due to collect them early next week, but this is where we get stuck.....can anybody offer advise on what comes next?????

Many Thanks
Deano
Re: HELP!!!!!!!
July 08, 2006 12:26PM
Very complicated and expensive as we have just started to find out. We are due to get married later in the Summer in Halkidiki this year and we have just about got all of our paperwork sorted....Hopefully. Firstly you need to get a copy of both of your FULL birth cirtificates (this is the one that has to have your parents names on it) you also need a "certificate of no impediment" which we had to get from our local Registry Office, and also you will need a photocopy of your Passport that needs to be stamped and signed by a solicitor - all of these cost money by the way !! We have just about got all this done and now we are sending all these documents to a contact in London as all of these need to be 1. Legalised 2. Translated into Greek and 3. Stamped by the Greek embasy - and again all this costs money at each stage !!

The best advise would be to go into a Travel agent and speak to one of there wedding co-ordinators, but all of the above is what we have had to do.

Have fun
July 13, 2006 11:31AM
Thanks for the info...just a quick question though.....who have you used to translate your docs...as we are having major problems finding someone??
July 16, 2006 09:27AM
we have a three bed villa in hanioti which can be rented for wedding parties. sleeps 6
Deano
July 19, 2006 08:08PM
Here are the details of the translator that we are using at this very moment, they are both very helpful and will answer any questions that you have for them. They have some very helpful hints and tips, I have already contacted them to ask if I could pass on their details to you and they said that it would not be a problem. They will be able to do everything for you, there is however a cost but it is far easier this way. Please find below contact details :

Mr and Mrs Bentham, 18 Windsor court, Moscow road, London. W2 4SN.
Tel No. 02072291538
Mrs Benthams Mobile : 07941 836616

I feel like I should be on commission for this !!!

Good luck, I'm sure this will help you ALOT.

Deano
July 20, 2006 09:32PM
Hi Deano.

Thanks so much for the details but funny enough i've sent my docs off to the very same couple today!!!

Thanks again and all the best

Vicky
x
July 21, 2006 08:48PM
I suppose I won't be getting any commision then ??!!

Deano
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login