flight only to thessaloniki

Posted by Richard Daker 
June 30, 2006 07:53AM
Has anbody managed to get good prices for flight only to Thessaloniki from UK. All the flight only prices are quite high at present.
Maybe cheap flight to Athens then fly to Thessaloniki? Anybody any ideas please reply TA!

Efaristo Yassas
Re: flight only to thessaloniki
June 30, 2006 08:05AM

Hi Richard

just looked on ba flights. There are still cheap flights available for instance fly out on 6 July return on 18 July is £259. Try also Thompson fly. Hope this helps

Adios
jason
June 30, 2006 09:57AM

hi richard,

i was looking at flights on wednesday and found a flight from manchester for £49.00 including
taxes that went the next day on www.cheapflights.co.uk.

hope this helps

jason.
June 30, 2006 10:26AM
I always book with Thomas cook, flight only, return. i found they were the cheapest and easiest to use, but definately couldn't beat the cheapflights one for price!!!
Also i always fly from Birmingham and that is the nearest airport to me
Manc lass
June 30, 2006 12:37PM
Hi Richard dont know if you are aware of this but sometimes it is cheaper to take last minute holidays including accom/tranfers as sometimes these are so cheap you end up paying less than you would for a flight.

We payed 1400.00 for a family of five holiday in hanioti ( 2 rooms) last year, we try to diy it ourselves this year and after checking all airlines the average cost just for flights was 1000.00 and the accom where we have two rooms is 50 Euros per night (30 Quid approx)=1400Euros (900 Quid approx) so that would have cost us 1900.00 to do it ouselves without the added taxis cost too.

We ended up getting a late package deal to the place we wanted for 1200.00 (700.00 cheaper than doing it my self).

I know First Choice have late deals from around 99 pounds and the web site is easy to use just go to the last minute deals sign on the left and select whatever Thursday you want to go.

I know they have deals from Gatwick 6th and 13th July one week 370(160 each) 2wks 429 (215 each)

Look at different Airports too, we are from Manchester but went from Gatwick this year as it was over a grand cheaper!!! Hopethis helps bye!

You can always try XL (Excel Airways) too You didnt mention where you are from.
jeff fourkas mad dog man
July 02, 2006 01:14PM
can u get bus/taxi transfer free when u book flight only to seloniki

or is there a surcharge for either bus or taxi??????
July 02, 2006 02:40PM
From Littleborough near Manchester. I was actually looking at doing Gatwick. Get acheap one from Man- Gatwick. Ta for your help
July 02, 2006 03:10PM
not to my knowledge Jeff.
July 02, 2006 07:02PM
I flew from Gatwick this year too even though East Mids is my nearest airport,got a good price on flight only through B.A (& they fly pretty much every day so you're not tied)& airports do a coach link so you can get the bus from your local airport to Gatwick.I got a 2wk return flight,return coach transfers between airports AND a taxi from Thessalonika airport to resort for £30 less than the cheapest flight i could find from East Mids! I always do it independantly because i usually travel on my own so i don't get hit with under occupancy supplements by booking a package & there are loads of rooms for rent at pretty good prices when you get there.

smiling smiley
July 02, 2006 09:58PM

Hi Kerry

the flights with ba are excellent value and all year now, which means we get to visit Hanioti for St Georges day yeah. Ooh and maybe january for the snow. Only one bar open though, Paralio its the locals local.

We loved Hanioti so much we bought a house there, but sadly back in England now. If you know of families who travel independantly and would like accomodation please put us in touch. We're there for three weeks late July........................we're coming home
July 03, 2006 06:14AM
Ahh lucky you buying a house over there! I might just be able to afford a cardboard box on the beach haha!Will keep my ears open for anyone interested,my choice is Kriopigi,worked there for a few years but have stayed all over Halkidiki in the 20 yrs i've been going.Yes B.A flights are excellent value,just makes it a long days travelling if you have to travel miles to Gatwick like me but worth it when you look at the money you save.

smiling smiley
Manc lass
July 03, 2006 10:34AM
Hi kerry!
Yes you can get cheap flights from manc to gatwick with BA.
I think we was quoted 60 return each (30 each way), but as there is five of us it was a cost of 300+
so it was cheap to drive there and pay for Holiday parking just outside the airport for about 70 quid for the fortnight which was reasonable.

Plus we didnt have to worry about whether our cases would go missing and have to depart gatwick without our stuff.

Mind u saying that the M6 in Birmingham is a nightmare even at 10pm we had a jam with an overturned lorry but luckily we made it in 4hrs even though we was in a jam an hour (and going backwards at one point weird man!
July 03, 2006 07:54PM
Dont blame you Joanne. I have had an apartment there for 20 years and its great to go out.
Hope you have many years of fun with it.
July 04, 2006 01:23PM
We have booked with BA for next year to go for Easter celebrations - Man to SKG return (via LGW) - £360 for two of us ! went this may for similar price but need to book as soon as flights are released. Luckily Greek friends collect us from the airport and westay with them in Hanioti (Central Cafe) Steve
brian o'rourke
July 31, 2006 11:32AM
did you find taxis readily available at airport..and at what costs???
July 31, 2006 01:29PM
I have just booked my flights, i am going to Hanioti on 14-28 sept and the flight ended up costing me £257.00, how expensive??? it just keeps getting dearer and dearer each year, oh well can't complain, cant wait to get there!
July 31, 2006 01:39PM
Nicola, that is expensive. Where are you flying from? We got two flights going out 15 June for three weeks, coming back 6 July for £232 total for two adults. It was from Gatwick which is quite a way for us as we live in Derbyshire, but I managed to get carparking for £55 for three weeks as well, so we got a good deal I think. Would love to go from East Mids but it appears too expensive.

The other option is to go Easyjet to Athens. If you get a cheap deal in advance, then I believe the return air fare from Athens to Thess is £100 each. So if you could get an Easyjet for about £60 return it might be worth it.

Just some thoughts. Have a great time. Wish we were still there.

Jane
Cheryl
July 31, 2006 09:05PM
Yes BA is very cheap from Gatwick, worth travelling down there. But do know that they won't be flying there in the winter, it is a summer season only flight, unless it is proving very popular but normally finishes oct time and start again after easter.
August 01, 2006 09:40AM
i fly from Birmingham as i don't live that far from the airport, it is just handy for me.
Olive
August 01, 2006 11:56AM
BA have just reduced the price of their scheduled flights to Thessaloniki - if you are going between now and October, returns are available for only £82.00, departing Gatwick.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login