meteora

meteora

Posted by kaja28 
meteora
June 28, 2006 08:57AM
Hi everyone!

Has anybody been to the Meteora from Pefkohori or nearby places? How did you go there and how long did you travel?

Thanks!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/06/2006 10:09AM by Nikos.
vm
Re: meteori
June 28, 2006 09:07AM
it is a one day trip.
I made this trip 9 years ago and there are busses leaving early in the morning, and you sould return at night time.
price of some 40 euros per person
June 28, 2006 09:18AM
Thanks! Was it exhausting ?
vm
June 28, 2006 09:23AM
not realy. they drive you all the way up there but the visit you pay to the monasteries is very much commercial. you have minutes to spend in there, and if you fall behind, the next group of tourists will catch up with you.
June 28, 2006 09:35AM
Is it worth it? Did you have this trip through some greek agency or do they have some local buses that drive you there? Have you been to Mt.Athos? So many questions,sorry! I am very curious person .
vm
June 28, 2006 09:52AM
it is worth going to meteora. it is qyuite impressive. i urge you on to taking this trip.
there are local agencies that make this trip. just look in the windows of local travel agencies, local rent-a-car, etc.
I know some agencies in Afitos but i'm sure there are also in pefkohori.
Trip to Athos I made by boat as I had to have a special permision from the Orthodox Church.
As I made the trip by boat, it was quite nice although the monasteries were pretty remote from us.
for this trip you thake the boat from Ormos Panagias. ( also 7-8 hours)
June 28, 2006 10:13AM
How far is Ormos Panagias from Pefkohori? Can local bus take me there?
vm
Re: meteora
June 28, 2006 12:05PM
distance is around 80 km. as for the bus, my guess is as good as anyones. I believe you will have to change the bus somewhere. (nea moudania or agios mamas). I don't know this all that well since I always go by car in Greece for a greater freedom of movement.
Ask on this forum on a new thred and maybe some Greeks will reply on bus to Panagias issue.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login