Taxis to Nea Kalikratia

Taxis to Nea Kalikratia

Posted by Richard Daker 
Taxis to Nea Kalikratia
June 27, 2006 07:14AM
Hi All

Just wondering if anybody has a phone number for an English speaking Greek taxi driver!!!!!!!

I have a 2 bed apartment in Nea Kalikratia in Halkidiki which is about 30 mins from the airport. This is a small town with no english speaking taxi drivers to tell them what time you want to be picked up to return to the airport. (in fact there are no English in the resort) It was bought by my mother 20 years ago as she is Greek but unfortunatley cannot travel now due to illness.

I would start to rent if I knew that people were able to get too and from the airport without panicking wether a taxi will turn up or not.

Re: Taxis to Nea Kalikratia
June 27, 2006 01:26PM
Usually plenty of taxis outside airport terminal.Never had a problem with language barier smiling smiley
vm
June 27, 2006 03:25PM
yes richard, it's true !!
Greeks have good command of English language!
not many cases in which Greeks cannot sustain a conversation in English
July 01, 2006 01:11AM
Hello Richard,

I am a taxi driver in Thessaloniki and I speak English . Should you need any further information about me and my services please contact grmoisiadis@lycos.com

Regards,
Grigoris
July 02, 2006 03:19PM
Grigoris aferesto pole kala. Many thanks for your reply I will keep your e-mail address and will be in touch soon. Thanks once again you have made my life alot easier.
The last time I got a taxi from the airport to Kalikratia it was in June and was 25 evro is that about right.
July 03, 2006 05:49PM
Hi Richard,

You are right it is between 25-30 Euros depending on the traffic. We can arrange a fixed price 30 Euros including waiting indemnity at the airport.

Best regards
Grigoris
July 03, 2006 07:49PM
That sounds fine to m many thanks once again.
jeff fourkas mad dog man
July 05, 2006 11:44AM
yasou, Gregmo

can you help please as i need to know about car seat for small child in taxis

do u know where we can hire/loan a childs car seat as my wife will not travel by taxi without one

is it law in Halkidiki taxi that a child must be in a car seat ????

hope you reply

yamas
jeff
July 05, 2006 07:23PM
Yasou Jeff,

If you need a child seat, I always have one available.
According to the Greek and EU law a child must seat on a child seat.
Your wife is right. It is dangerous not to have a child on a child seat. How old is he/she?
Should you need any further info, please write to grmoisiadis@lycos.com

Regards,
Greg
jeff fourkas mad dog man
F.A.O Grmoisiadis
July 12, 2006 06:46AM
Yasou Greg

many thnks for your reply

my son will be18 months old when we come to Halkidiki in May 2007

we are staying in Fourka Beach for two weeks and would need to either bring our own car seat(which will cause a few problems when using Taxis) as we are on a tight budget and really cant afford a hire car for 1 or 2 weeks so must rely on taxi to get us around when we go out of Fourka.

i am asking also from who ever we book our holiday if they know any place we can hire car seats from.For holiday period.

but if cannot get anything will be in touch with you by end of July for more info

kalimera yamas

Jeff
July 12, 2006 01:33PM
Hi there Richard

We may be interested in renting this apartment. We are looking for somewhere to rent for the whole year, for perhaps an initial year or two and possibly extend (although we could always move).

We have lived in Halkidiki before, but near Skioni. Looking at the map I dont think it is too far to reach our friends in Kriopigi, we certainly would not need to go every day ! Is there a beach nearby. What would the likelihood be of my husband mending and making computers in this location for locals? Also, I aim to do a Teaching English as a Foreign Language Course before we come over, any locals do you think would be interested in a teacher for their children?

I speak Greek (although a bit rusty as we have not lived over there since 2001, and holidays dont give you time to catch up completely again !). Any photos or info about your house/apartment would be appreciated.

Look forward to hearing from you. You can email me jane@onecal.co.uk

THanks
Jane
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login