aqua park

aqua park

Posted by chez 
chez
aqua park
June 13, 2006 08:56PM
hi everyone i would like to know if there are any waterparks near hanioti we are going next month for a week. We are going to hire a car once we are threre so it will be easy for us to get to one. Be grateful for anymore suggestions of what we can do in the day while we are there. Thanks cant wait to get some sun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAN
Re: aqua park
June 14, 2006 05:11PM
THERES SUM SORT OF WATER PARK IN THESSALONIKI (THINK THATS HOW YOU SPELL IT) NEAR THE AIRPORT
chez
June 14, 2006 07:25PM
THANKS FOR THAT WE'LL HAVE TO CHECK IT OUT WHEN WE GET THERE. HAVE YOU BEEN TO HALKIDIKI BEFORE IS IT VERY LIVELY?
Manc lass
June 14, 2006 07:40PM
We have stayed in hanioti at the Lesse the last two years and unfortunatley have not visited the waterpark as we have done in other places we have visited, this is mainly because the waterpark
is very far away from hanioti and is quite nearer the city and airport.

However saying that if you hire a car from hanioti cars in the square (about 43 Euros a day cheaper than reps, who will probably go to the same place and take a cut) you might be able to drive there quick enough.

I think its called waterland cant remember the website address sorry!
chez
June 14, 2006 08:59PM
thanks for that. We are planning on hiring a car for 3 days so might take alook at the waterpark but ive seen so many nice places to visit i dont think we'll have time as we are only going for a week (wish we was there for two). Will check out the car hire place in the square not long now cant wait.........

Is there any places you would recommend us visiting while we are in halkidiki?
Manc lass
June 15, 2006 04:42PM
Sani beach is supposed to be very nice its apparently some sort of ecological reserve place with only 4 and 5 star hotels. If you visit www sani resort gr. and click on some hotel pages you can see the beaches etc which are beautiful.
Also siviri is supposed to be really nice too.
Unfortunatley we haven't been brave enough to hire cars in greece yet as there appears to be no speed limit unless a police car is about, also witnessed pretty crazy overtaking.
You need your wits about you all the time!
The main excursions offers by holiday companies are cruises round other penisulas (fingers) , visits to the city, ruins of alexandra the Great and some weird caves.
Also some Scuba diving lessons are available.

Anyway hope you find waterland and have a great time.

Antio (Goodbye)
HAN
June 15, 2006 08:16PM
WE STAY AT THE VICKY APARTMENTS EVERY YEAR ITS FAB
chez
June 15, 2006 08:44PM
thanks i will keep an eye out for the vicky apartments to see what they look like incase we go back next year. Are they close to any shops and bars? Do you know what the calypso apartments are like and if they are near any shops and bars?

Thanks for the other info...............................................
di james
June 22, 2006 10:18AM
Does anybody know prices for car hire, would love to go to aqua park but think we would be better hiring a car than going on the organised trip.Staying a t chrousso village, any one any info that would help????
ace
February 12, 2008 02:39PM
just came on this website to c if there was any waterparksin halkidiki, so cheers 4 lettin me no.. me n my partner r of too hanioti in aug and are stayin in the calypso apartments so if u go before us could you plz email me lettin me no what ther like, and whats ther to do in the area. cheers....
February 12, 2008 04:01PM
Please , Manc Iass wrote " ruine of Alexandra the great". What is? Thanks Beppe
February 13, 2008 02:10PM
Hi all enquiring about the water park. I would say really not worth the journey. If you go on the organised trip you are looking at a 2 hour coach journey, by the time they have done lots of pick ups on the way. If you are hiring a car its a 1 hour journey with mad greek drivers, which is okay if you are used to driving in Greece.

The water park itself is not camparable to ones in say Spain, and safety in Greece is not top of the agenda...............Joanne
erik
February 14, 2008 09:27AM
I lived in Neo Risio at the skg airport and drove many many times up and down to Halkidiki. Ok it's a 1 hour trip but the sights are so beautiful that it really never was boring or a problem. And the Greek way of driving is sometimes agressive but if you follow the rules and don't be scared when they pass you left - and right :-) nothing happens.
February 14, 2008 01:23PM
Hi Eric

we lived in Hanioti and also drove many times back and forwards. I would say if you are a very experienced driver in Greece you will know that people will just pull out in front of you, overtake on bends in large lorries, and that the roads can be hazardous when the weather is hot.

Having had in the space of a year a friend who died on that road and two who nearly died I think that was a fair warning for people to be aware and cautious.

Joanne
February 14, 2008 08:44PM
It is a dangerous road, as are most in Greece due mainly to the Greek style of driving. We too have driven many many times on that road, and we feel fine driving it. BUT, we have been doing this for over 20 years and we stay long term in Halkidiki, so we are more aware and extra careful.

I wouldn't say don't drive, especially if you are an experienced driver, as Erik says it is a lovely drive. But do be very careful, especially when there has been a long hot spell, or indeed any recent rain.

We wouldn't consider visiting anywhere in the world and not driving, and believe me there are worse places where we (well, mostly my husband actually!) has driven, e.g. Thailand. I myself drive in Greece, but won't take my turn in Italy on the way over as I think Italy is worse in that they drive faster and tail gate you unmercifully.

I can understand Joanne's point of view though, having gone through her experiences.

Have a great SAFE time. And, just a point, be careful even if only a pedestrian - you still need to be so careful of cars appearing from anywhere and everywhere!
John Corbett
August 27, 2008 09:58AM
My wife and I will be staying at Hanoiti Village Hotel next month.
We dearly wish to visit the Saloniki (Lembet Road) Military Cemetery.
Does anyone know if there are specific coach tours to this area(and possibly cost and length of journey) or would we have to take a coach to Saloniki and find our way from there?
We would be grateful for any advice. Also if anyone has stayed at this hotel, if it is suitable for a quiet pensioners' holiday.
Thank you very much,
John
August 28, 2008 07:29AM
i would like to recommend sani resort, www.saniresort.gr
xxx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login