Afitos - lots of info required

Posted by amy 
amy
June 11, 2006 07:14PM
Hi all I am new to this v. informative site. I have booked to stay at the Hotel Stamos in Afitos in July and wondered if anyone had some information as to what the area is like. We know that Afitos if on top of a cliff and a quiet place. We are looking for a nice beach and nice bars and restaurants in the evenings. We don't want blackpool in the sun which we are led to believe Afitos is not like. Any advice as to where to go and what to see and do would be appriciated,
1st Holiday in 5years - can't wait!!!
Re: Afitos - lots of info required
June 12, 2006 07:44AM
You've heard right about Afitos,it's a beautiful village & the bars along the front are brilliant for chilling out at night,overlooking the next peninsula which is all lit up & you see quite a few shooting stars up there too.Honestly not one single resort on the peninsula is like Blackpool in the sun,Kalithea is livelier if you want a change of pace but all the resorts are worth a visit & all have their "quirks"!There will be lots of trips on offer through your rep it's personal preference on that one!If you're planning on hiring a car then there's the whole peninsula to discover,lovely little coves for sunbathing & visit Moudania market,i love it there.If you haven't already looked then i've got a few pictures posted on here,mixed resorts but there are some of Afitos.I'm sure you'll love it.x

smiling smiley
Carlow2403
Re: Afitos - lots of info required
June 12, 2006 09:32AM
Afitos is fantastic and you have picked a very hotel choice with the Stamos. The owners are really friendly and cannot do enough to make you feel welcome. Lots of lovely bars and restaurants - you will definitely love it!
amy
Afitos info
June 13, 2006 09:31AM
Many thanks to both of you, have had a look at afitos pictures - really can't wait it looks and now sounds great.

Amy

vm
Re: Afitos info
June 25, 2006 04:17AM
Hi amy !
here are 2 suggestions:
1. visit www.afytos.net
2. while there, try to have dinner at a place named : Sousourada ( su'su'ra'da )
the gentleman who owns the restaurant is a well known master chef. The foood he cooks is somthing very different than what is normally served in the rest of the taverns there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login