Pefkohori

Pefkohori

Posted by Mary 
Mary
Pefkohori
June 11, 2006 12:18PM
I have read many reviews on the resort of pefkohori. I am going at the end of June, and am staying at the Ammon Garden hotel. I have heard lots of good things about the hotel and the resort, but have heard about stray dogs, lots of wasps, and sea urchins. Was wondering how bad all of these things are?
Re: Pefkohori
June 11, 2006 12:49PM
There are stray dogs all over Halkidiki. Just try to feel sorry for them as they eke out a living amongst the tourists! They always seem to be thirsty to me, so I carry some water round for them. I have never come across a nasty one, and although I am a dog lover anyway, I don't think there is any need to feel afraid. My sister in law stayed with us and she is terrified of dogs, but she was fine.

I have never stayed in Pefkohori, but have visited many time especially when we lived over there.

Sea urchins, in places mostly near rocky outcrops. In most beaches I have never seen any at all. Wasps, well it does sound like a bad year so far, but just try to ignore them as much as you can.

Pefkohori is a nice village and I am sure you will enjoy it. Try to visit other parts of the peninsula too, to get an overall view. It is very pretty and towards the end from Pefkohori quite unpopulated, which is what it used to be like all over 30 years ago!

We go on Thurs for three weeks, cant wait.
Re: Pefkohori
June 11, 2006 01:04PM
Mind open is the best advice I can offer,this is my 8th time in pefkohori,totally addicted,buy jelly shoes to combat the urchins, never encountered wasps,(first time for everything) Ammon garden is a treasure,Have a wonderful time,im back there on 27th july for 5 weeks,seems like an eternity away smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login