Litsa appartments - Fourka

Litsa appartments - Fourka

Posted by Paula thirkell 
sara
Re: Litsa appartments - Fourka
August 11, 2006 08:27AM
Hi Jeff (again) ha ha
ilyas is still behind the bar and there is a girl that works there now called vicky she's lovely though.
Harry works in the beach bar now but i think he is going back to Australia at the end of this season, so he probably wont be there when u go. george has got a baby now called savannagh she is the most beautiful baby you have ever seen and he is getting married to his english girlfriend Roxanne towards the end of this year, he doesnt work at the bar or the restaurant anymore either he has got his own business now doing things like painting & decorating!

The yammas bar is still there and the full monty breakfasts are the best after a late night out at jimmys bar ha ha.

Sorry to hear about your wife.... at least she is in a good place though.

im thinkin about goin 2 live out there next year because when i was there in July i was offered a job to work in a greek school teaching the kids to speak english so im thinking about wheather or not to go.

Im really worried now about all the airport security things goin on, hope it will have settled down by the time i go in sep
Sara xx
Jeff fourkas mad dog man
August 11, 2006 05:33PM
yasou Sara

My My thats a lot of news from you i thank you very much.

please give George my best regards for the future if you can

tell Harry i will miss him if he goes home too .

Is Yammas still serving Enlish sausage Sara lol
i got Nikos a Butcher in England to sort him out with them .
But maybe the butcher next door supplies him ..

Have you ever been in Stefans Crepe` shop just on right before the bends????

Gosh Sara id jump at the chance of working in Fourka or surrounding areas.

but at the ripe old age of 57 ill only be able to retire there lol
all the very best

JEFF
Re: Litsa appartments - Fourka INFO FROM SARAH PLEASE
August 11, 2006 05:48PM
Hi Sarah, just interested in your comment about teaching English. I am going to do a TESOL this year and I was wondering if there was work about in schools? I have Greek friends out there and they say there is a lot of private work available (more than enough for the two of us lol !!). But it was interesting to hear you had been offered a job in a school. Can you give me any more info, obviously for my own interest only, I wont compete with you for the job, even if I could - dont even have the qualification yet !

Cheers
Jane
sara
August 15, 2006 08:52AM
Hi Jane,
The job is through a friend that i know her husband and her have their own school and they wanted one more person to teach english to the greek kids, she said i wont need a degree or anything, so its all good, she won't be taking on anymore anyway so im not worried about you competing with me ha ha, im only young so might aswell do it while i can!!
Sara
August 15, 2006 06:00PM
Thanks Sara, good luck. I start my course soon and hope to live over there from 2008 again. So plenty of time for you to do your teaching and get fed up ! before I arrive. Seriously though Halkidiki is a huge place and I am going more for the private market anyway. I am sure we will not be fighting over this !!

Have a great time, and thanks for replying
Jane
julie
August 16, 2006 04:45PM
Off to lista appartments 21/8/06 last minute booking
Do they supply plenty of towels?
julie
August 16, 2006 08:51PM
did u enjoy ur holiday, just wondering did they change the towels in your rooms regularly
tongue ring
August 17, 2006 11:09AM
paula thirkell Wrote:-------------------------------------------------------> thats cool cheers for the info!! Do you happen to> know which tour operators sell the Aristoteles and> the Australia. So badly want to get out there> this year!! Love Yammas and Absolut bars!!> > P
Sara
August 22, 2006 02:57PM
Hiya Jeff,
Only 2weeks left now till i go back to my second home, can't wait!!
i dont know if ur already aware but jimmy had a heart attack the other week, it was on the 8th august and he came out of hospital on the following monday and he is now back at home.. so all is well, it was just a shock more than anything and i think he will be taking it easy for a few weeks, but knowing Jimmy he will prob be back at work already!!
Sara xx
birchy
August 23, 2006 11:03AM
hello again ppl plz plz plz go to th chillout bar and meet yanni nd michael they are the nicest ppl in fourka cheers nd hope to see uz soon i will be there in 5 days smiling smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley
birchy
August 23, 2006 12:19PM
i am there from 28th of august until september 11th i am only 14 nd help out in th chillout bar but if you want to meet some new friends my mam nd dad nd my friend will be there on the beach all day as usual lol c uz soon
Jeff fourkas mad dog man
August 23, 2006 04:59PM
hi Sara

Many thnks for the news on jimmy

having had 2 heart attacks myself i can only simpathise with jimmy

was so shocked to hear about the fires hope it didnt get to the woods between Fourka and Hanioti as thats where my late wifes ashes are

and when i go in may 2007 i wanted to go there and sit for a while with my new partner and new son .

sons only 9 months old and wont understand but my partner has heard many tales about my late wife and wants to go and pay her respects.

we are booking for Fourka tomorrow looks like its Everidiki or Kanalis where we may end up now because Australia wont reply with costs for studio an ican never get um on the phone...

kalimera

Jeff

birchy
August 24, 2006 02:44PM
hello sara could you give me some more information on the paint and decorating for my dad and if there is any jobs left after you have got yours would you give me some information on that aswell plz cos they are very interested in gettin some work over there....... we are there until the 11th thnx smiling smiley
sara
August 24, 2006 03:04PM
Birchy
i will prob see u there coz i go on the 7th will prob be in jimmys bar most nights with my mate so look out 4 me x
birchy
August 24, 2006 06:55PM
ok hope to see you there and thnx a lot sara nd gd look with your job teaching english nd have a great holiday nd thnx again x
Gary B
August 31, 2006 11:33AM
Hello everyone.
My wife and I have been looking for somewhere to spend our 10th wedding anniversary in September and want to fly from Bristol on 18th. The only flight at any decent hour of the day to anywhere we're interested in is to Halkidiki, and we like the look of Fourka.

It's interesting reading all your posts guys, and comments about Litsa.
Are they better than Julia Appts for a quiet break? I must admit I like lazing by the pool more than the beach, but am happy with either.

This Jimmy and his bar sounds like a good place to chill out in the evening. Whereabouts is that?

And what's the average transfer time from the airport please? Thomson say 1hr to 2.5hrs!
And what's this about Thomson not being welcome in Fourka? Will it affect us at all?

Hope to maybe hear from some of you soon.

Thanks.
Gary
Jeff fourkas mad dog man
September 04, 2006 03:14PM
Hi Gary

well lets see

Fourka
nice and quite good beach good resturants an tavernas
Jimmys is a must its situated at the back of Hotel Australia U CANT MISS the hotel its near Yaimas Bar and Supermarket top end of the village.

to book Litsa you will have to contact Yannis who owns litsa
thomsons are only agents in fourka now for Julia Evridiki and Aristidis/Kanelis Apptms

litsa is better cos its nr to beach julia is in the forest about 500 metersand its up hill.

transfer 1-2 hrs depending on drop offs on the way.
PLACES TO GO
Jimmys
Yaimas Bar (say hi to NIKOS the owner)
Bella Venetia upstairs (on the left side of the square) nr the ciggy kiosk
24 hr GYROS cafe (thats a must for a late night snack).
Stefans Crepe` shop right hand side of main rd before the nasty bend and just after the jewellrey shop ( got good silver and gold stuff in)
WEEK-END
night club nr to BABE WATCH BAR just off the square you cant miss it .

have a great time JEFF
paul tahtcher
September 06, 2009 09:57PM
how can i get in contact with yannis so we can book a holiday
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login