Chrousso Village Latest Ratings!!!!

Chrousso Village Latest Ratings!!!!

Posted by PaulB 
di james
Re: Chrousso Village Latest Ratings!!!!
September 11, 2006 08:51AM
Tracey, no from liverpool, but southport is the place we usually go on a sunday, for a stroll or for something to eat. are you from southport??/
Tracy
September 11, 2006 09:10AM
Yes, small world hey???
di james
September 11, 2006 09:19AM
Where about in southport do you live?/ Do you work in southport?? How did you get on at chrousso, where you there when the fires were there?/
Tracy
September 11, 2006 04:11PM
Live in Crossens area of Southport and work in Southport.
We were there with the fires but didn't spoil the holiday although got a bit hairy on the beach. We loved Chrousso but downside was the wasps. My kids were petrified of wasps before we went but the other day my 12 yr old daughter said it was the best holiday ever, when I said we wouldn't go back cos of wasps she said they didn't spoil her hols. I have left feedback on this site, miught be in other forum re Chrousso.
Was fab though, met loads of nice people which always helps. People in our party were dragged up for 4 of the nights entertainment so was really funny.
I hardly saw my 12 and 9 year old cos they made so many friends whilst they were there.
Would defo go back but only if no wasps, felt that they could of done more to get rid of them i.e by finding the nests but just one of those things
Tracy
September 11, 2006 05:53PM
Wasps can be prolific anywhere, in Greece, Spain, Italy wherever. It really depends on the year as to how prolific they are. We lived in Halkidiki for three years right through from April to end October, and only one of those years was bad for wasps, and it was indeed very bad. We were often driven inside by them. They were a nuisance right from late June, but we didnt get driven inside til September time.

And we lived in Mola Kaliva, nowhere near Chrousso. You may find that if you go again there will just be the normal amount, which is often more than we get here in the UK, but they dont usually turn nasty til September time, usually !!

It is a shame it ruined your holiday. For me, I hate horseflies, and it took us years to find out (after going to Halkidiki and other Greek islands for over 28 years) exactly what these huge green eyed insects that chased, and I mean chased..., me all round and stung me. Everybody I talked to had never seen then in Greece, then we hit upon the fact whilst living there for three years, that they only actually target people in June, which must be their breeding season.

Having said that, when we do not live there long term, we always return in June ! It is just that June is such a lovely month with all the flowers, still lots of greenery and usually not too hot, although this year end of June was stifling.

What I am trying to say in a long winded way, is that if you like the place don't give up on it. Wasps vary from year to year, and from place to place. I am sure Chrousso isnt the only place in the med to gets loads of wasps this year.

Jaen
Tracy
September 11, 2006 10:03PM
Hi Jane
Didn't spoil our hols, still managed to have a great time. Someone else there said that they're not there every year.
It;s just knowing when!!!!!!
di james
September 11, 2006 10:25PM
Have not heard of crossens, but love southport, a lovely relaxing place. We go there most sundays if we dont want to go to far. We find it really relaxing and peaceful but plenty to do.Regarding the wasps, they were bad, but as you said they wouldnt ruin your holiday. Our little girl is terrified of anything that moves, but soon got used to ther wasps, they were really docile.Sometimes the problem was that people did not throw their cups away, after having drinks, or leaving half cups of coke on tables which the wasps swarmed around. The bins were overflowing sometimes but instead of walking to a bin ten yards away people would throw their rubbish on top and then the wasps would storm. All in all i would definitely go back loved it there, the wasps would have to be pretty bad to put me off the place.
Inez
September 12, 2006 05:03PM
Di
Got worse than the holiday blues!!!! Looking for something for next year, cannot seem to find anything as nice as Chrousso.
Am about to throw myself off the roof!!!!
di james
September 13, 2006 09:05PM
Inez, I know its awful when you come home, at least you have got your tan and your memories, book something for next year and start looking forward to that!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login