Weather

Weather

Posted by Lyn 
Lyn
Weather
June 01, 2006 09:23PM
Does anyone know what the temperature is like out there at the mo. We fly out next Thursday but have been told that it's really rainy out there this week. Hoping this clears up soon.
Re: Weather
June 02, 2006 07:18AM
Dear Lyn,

Please visit www.halkidiki.com/english/weather_e.htm
We have set up our own weather station in Vourvourou - Sithonia.
Weather data are updated every two hours.

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
Lyn
June 02, 2006 04:04PM
Thanks. Have looked at this but other forecasts I have seen seem to be saying something different like it's wet and colder at the mo.
June 02, 2006 04:09PM
Don't worry Lyn, it will be fine. We have good friends over there and they say it has been hot for about a month now, and getting hotter. You are bound to get some rain storms or showers, to be honest it is a relief from the heat, and it generally rains overnight mostly.

We have heard that it is currently about 26-28 degrees.

I think the local forecast should be better. I mean, look at how many different forecasts we get here in the UK for one area on all three channels. All different !

Have a good holiday

Jane
June 02, 2006 06:07PM
Lyn,

Most of weather sites on the Internet get the weather data from airports. The closest airport to Halkidiki is Thessaloniki's airport, about 120 km from Vourvourou where I have set up the weather station.
This weather station works fine and the data that provides are accurate. The only limitation is that I can only show weather tendency and not a forecast for the next few days (this is more complicated).

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
Lyn
June 02, 2006 07:21PM
I trust your report as everywhere else is just confusing me. I am a couple of hours away from the airport too which will make a difference.
Erik
June 03, 2006 07:31AM
We are just back from yesterday... We stayed a week in Kriopigi, and the weather was very very fine!!! Each day around the 30 degrees C. On our week, 5 days with an extremely bly sky; 2 days with some clouds. During the days with clouds it stayed good warm. In the hotel the meals were always served with all open windows, and that felt very good.
We never used a pullover, even not in the evening. I saw a thermometer at 9 pm, and it gave 26 C!!!
So, don't worry!
We are now back in Belgium, and are nearly freezing, in comparison with good warm Greece.
June 03, 2006 06:28PM
Lyn i've heard the same as Jane regarding weather from my Greek friends in Halkidiki,unfortunately nobody can predict the weather so pack a small brolly anyway but going on past years(20) you're not likely to need it,as Jane says you can get the odd storm but usually overnight & it only tends to happen when the heat gets to that unbearable,uncomfortable sticky stage so it's more than welcome!

smiling smiley
June 03, 2006 06:39PM
Hey there Kerry, did you get my last email? J
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login