from airport to chrousso village

Posted by SarahG 
May 25, 2006 11:23AM
Hi Guys
Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the journey is like from airport to chrousso village, is it very bendy or are the roads pretty good. My brother not a great traveller and is already starting to fret!! We may have to hire a car if they are bad
Thanks
Sarah
DaveS
Re: from airport to chrousso village
May 26, 2006 09:39AM
Sarah - tell him not to fret. You turn right out of the airport and its almost a dead straight line for 2 to 2 and a half hours. Greek driving leaves something to be desired though. If he's a fretter, its probably best to leave the driving to a coach driver.
May 26, 2006 05:46PM
Thanks Dave
That should settle his mind
Sarah
Lyn
May 27, 2006 06:57PM
Does the coach go straight there or are there lots of drop offs on the way?
eleni
May 27, 2006 07:13PM
as with most package holidays to halkidiki there will be several drops on route

but the journey is over before you know it and if travelling the during the day there's some beautiful scenery on the road down to the resort

just think of that nice long cold drink in the bar ... that usually keeps me going LOL
jeff fourkas mad dog man
May 28, 2006 04:26AM
ill drink to that ......................................... Yamas (cheers)
di james
June 22, 2006 10:35AM
From all the reports i have read the journey is not as bad as expected.Some people have said it was less than two hours, but that probably reflects on the speed the driver was going.
June 22, 2006 11:19AM
I don't go as far as you, I stay in Hanioti...but the scenery along the coast is lovely. The journey time can depend on the amount of drop offs to be done.

You'll love Halkidiki....
di james
June 22, 2006 11:23AM
Thanks shirleya, it is my first time to halkidiki, can you tell me a bit about it. was wondering if there was an aqua park that we could travel to. Also golf ourse as my husband would loveto play while he is there.
June 22, 2006 01:11PM
Hello Di

Ashamed to say that althugh this will be our ninth time in Hanioti, we don't do very much apart from chilling - in and out of the sun, eating and drinking. We are lucky and meet up with friends from previous years who also return.

I do believe there is a water park not far from the airport and the only golf I know is the crazy one in Hanioti. Do try and make it to Pefkohori and Hanioti and if you hire a car, to Neo Skioni across the mountains. As you have probably realised through this forum, people return to Halkidiki year after year. Love it!
di james
June 22, 2006 04:12PM
SHIRLEYA, you make halkidiki sound brilliant. We, like you dont usually do a lot on holiday, just love to laze about and eat and drink.But my daughters do love the water parks, but it sounds a bit far from chrousso. My husband would love to play golf, we will enquire when we get there, about a trip there.Really looking forward to it now.
June 22, 2006 05:40PM
di, apparently there's a golf course on Sithonia that you can go to but have no idea how to get there or how far it is
Sarah
di james
June 23, 2006 07:49AM
Thanks sarah, He would be prepared to travel to play I think. We might be better hiring a car for a couple of days.Would love to got to the aqua park, all depends on how much car hire is in comparision with the price of trips, also what the roads are like, or the drivers should i say.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login