Forka to Kathelia

Forka to Kathelia

Posted by sarahengland2002 
Forka to Kathelia
May 03, 2006 08:17AM
Hiya, can anyone tell me how far forka is to kathliea, if so how long it would take me to walk it, thank you,

also how long walking it would take to get to hanoti,

sorry about spelling, thanx
Sarah Hurmson
Re: Forka to Kathelia
May 03, 2006 10:09AM
Hi Sarah

Have you been to Fourka before? I am due to go there in September and having read some of the reviews are panicking like mad!!

Many thanks

Sarah H
Mathew
May 03, 2006 10:29AM
Unless going hiking/walking is your thing, neither are really walking distance from Fourka, but would not take long in a Taxi. Taxis are plentiful and reasonably priced.
jeff fourkas mad dog man
May 03, 2006 01:48PM
Fourka to Kalathea around 7 euros
fourka to Polichrono/Hanioti around 11 euros
Polichrono to Hanioti 2 euros

Barter with taxi driver for best price don’t take 1st price offered smiling smiley

Fourka is what you make it its very quite nice beach great bars 1 Jimmy’s in the Australia
hotel at top end of village across the road is Yamais Bar (my friend Nikos owns it)

best eating for me is the Venetian in the square its upstairs and has a balcony view of the square

lots of shops and a small shopping centre far end of village and i think that the night club only opens week-ends
say hi to jimmy and the boys and Nikos if he’s around (he’s a busy man lol)
there’s Greek nights and Karaoke at most tavernas
hope you have a great time and say a BIG HELLO to all my dogs in the village specially Lou - Lou lol she a little sheltie type dog and barks very loudly
May 03, 2006 03:47PM
thats great jeff, thanks for letting me know, i am really looking forward to it, whats the weather like in may, thanx
jeff fourkas mad dog man
May 03, 2006 11:27PM
hi sarah

mays weather can be either warm or wet but showers dont last long

if its raining you can always sit in jimmys watch sky t.v or have a coffee and a cheese-n-ham toastie

if the crepe` shop on the right next to a jewlery shop is open call in and see what great crepes stefan has ........im hoping stef still runs it but not sure if he left for norway.
Jeff
May 04, 2006 07:52AM
Thanks, defeinetly sounds like my kind of shop, haha, no long now i fly out this monday, counting down the hours grinning smiley
May 04, 2006 08:32AM
hi sarah.

me and my family fly this monday and we are going to fourka. we are flying from birmingham airport where u flyin from. also this is my 1st time in greece and i cannot wait. perhaps i will see you there have a wicked time. im going to make the best time of it

be good (lol)
faye
May 04, 2006 02:02PM
hiya, me and my partner fly from luton this monday, where are you staying?

first time for me to, we should have a good time, prhaps bump into you tongue sticking out smiley
nina
Hanioti to Polichrono (Halkidiki Palace Hotel)
January 12, 2009 01:07PM
I'm staying at the Halkidiki Palace in Polichrono in May, but after reading the reviews, it sounds like it's nearer to Hanioti. I've got friends staying in Polichrono at the same time, but this was the only hotel available to me for the time we're all staying. I've read from the reviews that the hotel runs a mini-bus service to Hanioti, but nothing is mentioned about one running to Polichrono.

a) Does the hotel run a mini-bus to Polichrono too?
b) How long (approx in miles) is it to Polichrono from the Halkidiki Hotel and how long would it take to walk if there is no mini-bus?

Cheers!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login