Just got back from Kriopigi

Just got back from Kriopigi

Posted by Lou 
Jane
Re: Just got back from Kriopigi
May 09, 2006 02:54PM
Try emailing them for more information. philcryan@hotmail.com. We don't usually stay in the hotels in the evenings, as we prefer to go out and about. I know they had a quiz night and a BBQ night last time we were there though.

Cheers
Jane
May 12, 2006 10:39AM
has anyone stayed at the paradise hotel, its got some good write ups, any info appreciated....
terry
May 16, 2006 07:52AM
Hi rich, we are booked for the paradise in august and are also looking for info on it. Look under paradise on page 4(i think) of this forum. if you get any info would you pass it on. cheers!!
Sami
May 21, 2006 05:42AM
hi im goin to the alkyon in kriopigi for two weeks from the 1 st june - im really excited as ive never beeen to greece before but me and my boyfriend had some questions? please hlp!
we are both 21 yr old medical students anf we dont care for clubbing much, but we fancy some excursions maybe to a market? or other pennisulas? im not to confident to hire a care what it the public transport like? all are there any good markets or attractions? is it possible to hire bicycles in krioigi? and realistically how much money will we need for the two weeks while we are ther? i have never been on a beach holiday before so i have no idea! thank you x
May 21, 2006 05:28PM
Hi Sami.Well Kriopigi sounds like a good choice if you want to relax & not too loud but if you do decide you want it a bit livelier then you're only a short taxi ride away from Kalithea which has clubs!Public transport isn't too bad,there are busses which are a cheap way of getting round the peninsula but you have to be a bit flexible as they don't always turn up on time,taxi's are readily available though & usually cost around 5euros per resort(eg if you're travelling 2 resorts away =10 euros)A trip to the next peninsula of Sithonia is worth a visit but not too sure how you'd do it without a car & definately visit Moudania market,you can get there by bus or by organised tour through your rep or local agent if you'd feel more comfortable going with other people,there are quite a few trips available but you'd need to see your rep about what's on offer(i don't do package holidays so haven't done any trips for years)Haven't seen any push bikes for hire but maybe someone else can better advise you on that one.Money wise it depends on what you want to do & bring back but for basics such as eating,drinking etc then you won't need much at all.Make sure you pop in & say hi to Ant & Debs at Casablanca & Googlers bars & you must do the Greek night at the Akropolis restaurant,i arrive in Kriopigi on the 13th so will just miss you but have a great holiday oh yes & the hotel you're staying at is lovely!

smiling smiley
Sami
May 22, 2006 08:45AM
is the driving scary? whats the weather likely to be?
Sami
May 22, 2006 12:18PM
and also - do u know if the beds in the studio apartments are 2 singles or a double?
May 22, 2006 09:17PM
Don't know much about the rooms of your hotel as i always rent a room from friends when i go over but they're very nice by all accounts.Weather should be fab,rang Greece this morning & it was very hot but i always stick a small brolly in anyway but not likely to need it.Greeks not the most considerate drivers but i know lots of people that have rented cars & had no problems but i definately wouldn't reccomend it at the weekends as the roads are manic(lots of Greeks from the city visit Halkidiki for the weekends)also a fair few drink & drive over the weekends too so avoid it!

smiling smiley
mark & kelly
casablanca email
May 29, 2006 07:02PM

Hello..

Stayed above casablanca last year. has anyone got an email address for Tony & Debbie please?

if you're going to Kriopigi this year we seriously reccomend you visit casablanca bar..great fun..good beer..good atmposphere..and Tony & debbie are lovely (Tonys mad but a good laugh!)

Thanks

mark
May 29, 2006 07:19PM
Hiya yeah i've got the e-mail,i'm staying above Casablanca in 2 weeks time,i stayed there last year too,sorry i used the Dove that was left(haha sorry if it was yours,i'll replace it!!!!!!!),used to work for Ant & Debs for a few seasons,very good friends,Casablanca has had a facelift for this season,sounds lovely!I know Debs has been having a few problems with her e-mail(she was getting someone out to look at it when i spoke to her last week) & not sure how she'd feel about me putting the address on here.If you want to email me direct on kerrylloyd21@hotmail.com i'll give you the addy & phone number in case her email's still not up & running.xxx

smiling smiley
Googlers Internet Bar
May 30, 2006 05:13PM
Hope you all have a great summer , just to let anyone know that " Googlers Internet Bar" is opening up for summer this weekend , we are looking forward to help you keep in touch with the folks back home! IF you are in KRIOPIGI and need any info please call in and ask for Debbie.
May 30, 2006 08:14PM
Hiya Debs i'll be there in 2 weeks as you know!!!! Yippeeeeeeeeee can't wait,love to everyone.xxx

smiling smiley
May 30, 2006 09:18PM
Hi, with having lots of Greek friends we didnt actually stay in at night. But there was a BBQ once a week, I think there was a quiz or bingo night, and of course the pool bar is very lively and friendly. They have a book library where you can swap books too. You are not that far away from Kriopigi, which whilst not crazy busy, does have various bars, tavernas and of course our friends GLUKO CAFE, SWEET COFFEE SHOP, which is lovely. Very old Greek style, crepes - savoury and sweet, to die for chocolate deserts and also toasties, sandwiches and wines, spirits and beer. Tell Morfy and Sakis you were recommended by Jane and Martyn (we are good friends, went to their wedding). They have a lovely little daughter called Stella who will enchant you !

Kriopigi is a nice Greek village, although set on the main road so it will be busy and noisy in July, more so at weekends when the city Greeks visit. There are tavernas, bars and a few shops and a couple of supermarkets. You should perhaps visit Hanioti, not far away, for a busier nightlife with more shops, but Kriopigi is a favourite of mine as it is middle of the road, not too busy and touristy but not deathly quiet. Certainly not in July anyway ! You also have Kallithea nearby for nightclubs.

Enjoy, I hope you will have a good time.

Jane
Sandra
hotel paradise contact details
May 31, 2006 10:04AM
Does anyone have any contact information for the Paradise Hotel? Phone, email, anything... Thanks a lot!
June 01, 2006 11:32AM
F.A.O DEBBIE AT GOOGLERS!!!!!
Debs is your e-mail working yet?I got the little message you sent me & replied but not sure if you got it.Let me know if you're up & running & i'll mail you properly.Good luck with Googlers,love to everyone & make sure the frappe machine's working for the 13th !!! xxx

smiling smiley
Stuart
Re: Going Places / Paradise Hotel
June 05, 2006 01:08PM
My wife and I have booked to go to Kriopigi in August staying at the Paradise Hotel. Ive received a call today informing me that Going Places no longer deal with the Paradise and have offered alternative accomadation at Ilios Studios. Has anybody got any idea why this may have happened? Is the Hotel still trading? Is Ilios Studios a reasonable alternative(ie better or worse than Paradise)
Any info would be much appreciated as I feel a may be being had!!

Many Thanks

Stuart
June 05, 2006 01:13PM
I don't know either hotel, but I can definitely recommend Alkion hotel in Kriopigi. If you can change to that perhaps?
Stuart
June 05, 2006 02:07PM
Cheers Jane.
It may be an option if it turns out thestudios arent upto scratch.
hayley
June 05, 2006 02:52PM
hi i am going to alkion apartments mid july with my hubby and 3 kids..i am starting to get a bit worried that it may be too quiet for me..would someone pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease put my mind at rest!!!
June 05, 2006 03:03PM
Too quiet for you? It depends what you want from your holiday. With three kids (you dont say how old they are), there is the pool at the hotel. The rooms are lovely and mostly "quiet"!, as the hotel is in a slightly secluded position. It is only 5-10 mins walk uphill (stressed, uphill) to the main road which has most of Kriopigis bars, restaurants, tavernas, supermarkets and shops on it. In mid July not many places in Halkidiki will be quiet as it starts to get busy with the Greeks coming, especially from around the 20th onwards. Weekends are hectic and all the bars etc. will be busy. But it is Greek busy.

It is not a great clubbing destination (which pleases us), but there are clubs at Hanioti and Kallithea which are not far away by taxi, and taxis are relatively cheap.

The days can be quiet everywhere, apart from the most crowded beaches. I would say it is pretty sleepy in the daytime everywhere because of the heat, but still plenty of people about eating and drinking.

If you want busier at night, as in tourist shops, clothes shops, cocktail bars, then you can always visit Hanioti which is busier. It really depends on what you mean about too quiet?

Kriopigi is a lovely Greek village, mainly set on the main road. There is an old village square with two tavernas on it which is nice to visit too.

Is that any help, if you want to be more specific about what you want from your holiday I can try to help. I have been going there over 30 years, and lived over there for 3 (in fact plan to go back next year long term if we can sort it out), so I know most places. I do not personally know much about the nightclubs as I dont like them, but I do know there are several dotted about, and Kerry will probably post about those as she stays in Kriopigi (she used to work and live there too) and she is more into clubbing.

Jane
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login