kalithea?????

kalithea?????

Posted by loran 
loran
kalithea?????
April 13, 2006 04:55PM
hi im thing of going to kalithea with my boyfriend in august. I cannot find out much about this resort has anyone been there?

Is the beach nice...i know some places in halkidiki have shingle on the beach - is this the same in kalithea?

We enjoy going to nice restaurants and bars but dont like places like faliraki and malia and ayia napa etc as they are a bit too outragous for us. However being in our 20's we do like a few lively bars/fun pubs and a walk around at night. Is this the place for us?

Also what excursions are available and is the resort expensive?

Thanks for all your advise!
Re: kalithea?????
April 13, 2006 06:49PM
Hi Kalithea is a fab resort but as far as i know there are only a few hotels that cater for British tourists & they're just outside the main part of Kalithea(within walking distance though)mostly Dutch,German,Norwegian,Greek holidaymakers go there & in August it will be busy busy as Halkidiki is where a lot of the Greeks from the city go for their holidays.Loads of restaurants,music bars,shops & street cafes & also has the liveliest nightlife if you want it(there is a strip of clubs again just outside the main part which stay open to between 4 & 6 a.m & get packed especially at weekends)if that's not your thing then there are plenty of cafe/bars in the main part which also stay open til the early hours!Loads of excursions are on offer but it depends what you're into but if you just want to explore the peninsula & visit other resorts then hire a car or scooters if you're confident enough(Greek drivers aren't the most careful......no disrespect)If you want info on other excursions then let me know what you're after & i'll post more info.2 things to bear in mind......Kalithea is on the part of the peninsula that has a steepish hill to the beach (shingle & sand as most of Halkidiki is) & it is one of the more expensive resorts on the main drag,You'd get everything on offer in Kalithea in Hanioti to be honest (just on a slightly smaller scale)& you have the advantages of more choice of accomodation & it's flat to the beach & cheaper than Kalithea!x

smiling smiley
loran
April 14, 2006 02:45PM
hi kerry,

Thanks for your reply. Ive been looking more into hanioti and to be honest i think we would like it there instead of kalithea! Both resorts sound/look nice but if haniotis very similar to kalithea with flat grounds and is cheaper then i think we'd prefer it there! Thanks again, Loran.
Jane
April 14, 2006 03:07PM
Hi Ioran, I agree with Kerry. Kallithea is nice, but it is very expensive and a long way down to the beach. You can always visit the clubs at night if you want.

Hanioti on the otherhand has some very cheap places to eat and drink, the beach is nice and there is a busy atmosphere without being over the top.

We stayed in Kallithea at a friends apartment last year and it is very expensive. Funny really, as Kallithea was one of the very first tourist areas of Halkidiki and I must admit we preferred it 20 years ago than today !

Also if you stay at Hanioti you can get a taxi or drive to nearby Kriopigi, Pefkohori, Polichrono etc which are all nice places to visit and have nice beaches too.

Have a great holiday. We go in 9 weeks time, counting the days...............
April 14, 2006 06:26PM
Loran......good choice,silly paying over the odds when you can get everything in Hanioti & you only have to read other posts on here to see how much people like Hanioti!
Jane.......EEEEEEEEEEK is it really THAT close to holidays?Yaaaay i'm excited!!!!!See you there.

smiling smiley
April 29, 2006 05:26PM
hi, me and my partner fly out to forka in 1 weeks time, just woundering how far forka is to kallithea, is it in walking distance, as this seems a good place tp go, thanx
wero
May 15, 2006 11:16AM
what ab kitesurfing and windsurfing shools? there re a lot of wind for kite or not ???
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login