Sani in May

Sani in May

Posted by Georgia 
Georgia
Sani in May
April 10, 2006 07:59PM
Hi,
I'm off to Halkidiki on 5th May for a week in the Sani Asterias Suites and would be really grateful if someone could let me know some info, such as:
1. How likely is there to be a plague of wasps - is this only really a problem in late summer?
2. What is the weather likely to be like?
3. Where are the best places to eat?
4. Will £600 spending money between 2 be enough to splash out (i.e. eat out every night and in nice restaurants)?
5. Any other info on the resort or the hotel.
Thanks in advance!
Georgia
Phil Parkin
Re: Sani in May
April 10, 2006 09:15PM
1. Not likely it will not have been warm enough by early May.
2.70 to 80 sunny by day (Hopefully! some times a bit hit and miss at the start of may) cold at night take a coat.
3. plenty ask the locals and go to the tavernas that look busy.
4. Plenty a good meal with drinks for 2 should be no more than £20 - £25.
5. Sani is a nice area with some beautiful scenery and beaches if you drive hire a car for a few days do some sight seeing (cheapest is easy hire see link at top of this page) if not local taxis are cheap.
Great place to chill out the people are fantastic totaly chilled and can't do enough for you.
Have a good time only three weeks away you lucky people.
Phil.
Phil Parkin
April 10, 2006 09:19PM
Forgot to say if you want to keep an eye on the weather out there go to the home page on this site and click on the Halkidiki weather link.
Phil.
Georgia McGinn
April 11, 2006 08:04PM
Thanks Phil,

That's brilliant, couldn't have asked for better info - even more excited now - thanks for all your help.

Georgia

faye vincent
April 22, 2006 08:03AM
Im off to fourka in halkidiki on the 8th may. I was worried about the wasps to, as im really scared of them (im a wimp). Hope you have a good time. Im trying not to worry to much about them.
Jane
April 22, 2006 08:33AM
Don't worry Faye. I am scared to death of wasps but after living over there the whole summer for three years I managed to control my fear a little. I used to be the one running down the beach screaming with a wasp after me ! Just try to ignore them as much as possible. I know it is difficult, but just grit your teeth and persevere, it does work I promise, and in May, there should not be that many about anyway, certainly not pestering you like they do later in the year. The worst month I found was late August into September. In September we were once driven indoors to eat because as soon as we sat down to eat our BBQ or whatever a whole hoard arrived. Some years are worse than others, and this only happened one year out of the three.

There are quite a few wasps about on the beachside though, anytime, as they explore into the seaweed , shells etc, at the edge of the water etc. So I found the best way to walk along any beach is to wear your flipflops as I trod on about 4 wasps walking barefoot.

Hope this helps. I promise you I was a wimp too, still am really, just try to stifle the screams now!
April 22, 2006 09:08AM
Thanks jane. ive got two children and when they start flapping round me i do a runner and leave the kids behind.(what a great mom). lol
Raj
May 02, 2006 07:11PM
Regarding the weather, check out lastminute.com and fill out the boxes pretending that you are interested in booking a holiday, you will get an option that lets you see what the weather outlook will be for the next five days. Useful to check out before you leave, will give you an expectation on what to expect from the weather.
claire
May 02, 2006 07:52PM
Hi we go to sani beach club 8th may for honeymoon/famliy holiday ,can any body tell us what to expect ???? Thanks Claire
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login