Angelo Apartments hanioti

Angelo Apartments hanioti

Posted by Bert 
Jane
Re: Angelo Apartments hanioti
May 16, 2006 12:31PM
Sorry forgot about the World Cup, yes it gets shown in most places. Lots of the tavernas and bars have large screens and attract huge crowds on nights it is on air.

Not just in Hanioti, in most of the tourist areas.

Jane
Emma
May 17, 2006 01:45PM
Hi Jane,

Thank you for your reply, it was really helpfull.

I love dogs too but for some reason ive always been a bit warey of them and since my attack sadlly its developed into bit of a phobia. Some times to the point where I cross the road to avoid walking by them.

Ive got a dog at home (sheep dog) and my partner also has a dog (dalmation) at home but luckily im fine towards them.

I was bitten by a rather large Weimaraner, im 5'4 and he didnt even have to jump up on me to bite me, he simply turned agressive when I walked past him, turned towards me so quickly and gripped my waist. It was a relatives dog which made matters a lot worse.

Thanks, im not letting it get to me too much.. my partners really good and always acts as a decoy if a dog approaches us..ha.ha. Maybe it will work out as therapy, and will do me some good smiling smiley

I have never been to Greece before, its looks so lovely out there. My friend goes there nearly every year so this year we decided to look into it a bit more then eventually booked a two week break. The review's for Hanioti and The Angelo Hotel were really good so that's what made us decide in the end.

If you could suggest any good eating places or cocktail bars in the town that would be brilliant.

Thank you. Hope you have a brilliant holiday too smiling smiley

May 17, 2006 02:30PM
Hi Emma, the only time you will see the dogs out is in the evening time and usually they are just wandering around and don't even notice you are there.
in the square there are quite a few places to eat and nice cocktail bars. Kelfos if a favourite of mine (cocktail bar). Places to eat, there are italian places, chinese and greek. Tropicana in the square is lovely. they have a wide range on the menu. There is a nice restaurant very near to the hotel, which you cant miss which is erodios.
Jane
May 17, 2006 05:21PM
Hi Emma, we don't usually eat in Hanioti apart from the occasional Gyros down the side road from the square. Nothing wrong with places to eat, it is just that we lived the other side and after going for 30+ years we have our favourite, and perhaps less touristy, places to eat. They are rather spread out our favourites though as we had a car.

We do go to the Beer House in Hanioti (Zythion) which has over 100 beers which hubby likes ! They are nice people too. We are not really into the loud bars (we are 50+ as you can probably tell from having gone over there for over 30 years!!). We used to have pizza at a restaurant on the corner, cant remember the name, but it was always nice.

I dont think you can really go wrong in Hanioti, you will be sure to find somewhere nice to eat and drink according to your tastes as there are numerous places.

If you fancy a drive around and think you may hire a car, let me know and I will email you some of our favourite eating places which are not in the main tourist areas, and therefore are considerably cheaper when having a meal as opposed to a snack.

Have a great time, and dont worry about those dogs. Most of them are really just sooo grateful for a little fuss and food they are quite timid. If you go past the Beer House and see this woman surrounded by dogs and feeding them titbits you probably have found me !

If you have never been to Greece before I am sure you will like Halkidiki. It does have some very quiet spots more like the islands in that not much English is spoken, but at the tourist areas English is always spoken and it is a bit busier than some of the islands. Having said that there is not a culture of rowdiness like some of the more popular islands and its geography means that there are always some areas to explore and beaches to swim at where there are not many people around at all. Certainly in June you could almost think there were no other people there if you visit some of the further afield beaches (Nea Skioni, very Greek - Siviris, used to be English touroperators who pulled out and it is now German tour operators, but still relatively quiet in June, and certainly away from the main beach area walking towards Fourka there is a nice stretch of sand which is quiet, and walk around the corner to find several small bay areas, again not busy - Mola Kaliva, where we used to live, you can find some nice little beaches where you will be the only ones around most of the time). If you hire a car try to drive inland over the mountains, it is very beautiful and still quite green until July time. Lots of beehives about, brightly coloured. I think there are also some early figs out on the trees, some come out June, the rest Sept time. Lovely to pick and eat fresh.

Let me know if you want any more info on anything in particular.

Jane
May 21, 2006 10:54PM
hi andy t,dont no wether you are back from your hols yet,but when you get this message can you give us all an update on this hotel please.
do you get a sea view no matter where your room is? just give us all a full account of your holiday please,at this hotel.thanks and looking forward to your reply.
karen
May 23, 2006 02:21PM
Hi bert , me and my wife stayed there 2 years ago , it was spot on , great rooms , great staff , massive aparthotel and not too far away from the square.
Em
May 26, 2006 04:56PM
I too stopped in these apartmernts last year nothing but good things to say about it. Location wise cant fault them 5 mins from beach etc very clean and staff are excellant they will do anything to make sure you are happy. If anyone is going and Christos is still there tell him Emma Daz,Stevie and George say Hi!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login