Angelo Apartments hanioti

Posted by Bert 
Bert
March 22, 2006 10:52PM
Hello,

My girlfriend and I are hoping to stay at Hanioti for 2 weeks in late June/early July and were just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Angelo Apartments? We are undecided as to where to stay - options are Angelo Apartments, Strand Village, Vicky Apartments.

Anyone got any advice please??
em
Re: Angelo Apartments hanioti
March 26, 2006 09:05AM
Hi Bert we stayed at the anjelo last year it was ok plenty of room round the pool and garden rooms were clean with plenty of space.Only down side it is a bit of a walk to the main square but we all loved it and would def go back.
christos
March 26, 2006 12:34PM
from your options strand village is by far the best choice you can make....its one of the best hotels that thomson has in halkidiki with the best scores and reviews!!!!!!!!!
March 27, 2006 02:01PM
Personally i love the Angelo, it is a great hotel. It is a lively hotel which holds its own greek night every thursday which is great. Good atmosphere, nice pool, gardens and supermarket!!!
Juliet
March 31, 2006 07:49AM
Bert, I'm 21 and my boyfriends 29, we stayed in the Vicky last year and are going back again in June, it was fab. It's a small family run hotel. We went to the Angelo for our welcome meeting, they did a good fry up smiling smiley and there is a lot of space, don't think you'd run out of sun loungers. It's quite a big hotel with a big pool, I got the impression it was quite lively, there seemed to lots going on. It is a bit of a walk to the square, probably take about 10 mins which for most people would be fine. I recall we stopped outside the Strand on the way to our hotel and there were quite a lot of young people there, whereas the Vicky and the Angelo had a real mix. I'd recommend the Vicky if you're looking for a chilled out hotel where you can enjoy some coctails, but don't expect to have entertainment every night. If you're looking for somewhere with a lot going on I'd say the Angelo would be perfect.
Paul
March 31, 2006 01:44PM
Stayed at the Angelo twice and have no complaints. Rooms were clean and the bar/reception staff really nice. The guy that runs the bar is Albanian, can't remember his name but loves his football...would talk all night! The one thing the Angelo really has going for it over the others are the gardens. It's normally only the 4 star hotels that have as much ground to relax in. Normally if a Greek has any spare land they build something on it! The most important thing I'd tell you though is who to book with. Personally, we can't see past Kosmar, purely for the price. We found for 1 week, we were paying up to £200 less than other guests, depending who they booked with. We book with Kosmar through our local Thompson shop or on the web and it's miles cheaper. Somehow they only charge £30 fuel supplement, when others look for £100. On our stays the Thompson Reps were far better though, it just depends what your priorities are. We were never in, so it didn't really matter to us. Only ever met up at the pool bar before heading out.
Slaki
April 05, 2006 03:14PM
Hello,

Do u have maybe phone number or fax from Angelo Apartments?

Thanks!

Slaki
April 25, 2006 08:29PM
hi nicola,
my husband and i have have just booked the angelo in halkidiki for next may,i was wondering if you could give me and tips/advice.
what time of year did you go?
would i be right to ask for a room on the middle floor?(we are self catering)
is there a pool view?sea view?
eating in/out ? prices
is there a local market?
trips to go on?
have heard of various reports about the beach,what is your opnion?
the pics of the area around the pool make it look like there is not much sun there,is this correct.?
another person said the balconys were also shaded,what do you think.
all the usual questions.
very much looking forward to your reply.
cheers
karen
sammi
April 25, 2006 10:02PM
the strand definetely, people always go back there! its right on the beach! the rooms are a lovely size and are very clean! also the strand offers a fantastic greek night! i love the strand ive been goin for 4 years and everyone i meet loves it! the staff are friendly and its definetely is in the perfect location. what more could you ask for...the bar is practically on the beach!
April 26, 2006 10:36AM
Hi Karen,

The pics of the pool aren't the best, it must have been a cloudy day. There are loads of sun loungers aroung the pool and they are directly in the sun. As the pool is beside the bar, in the evening half of the pool can be in the shade, but that is not always a problem, in fact can be a welcome retreat to get out of the sun!!!
Which holiday company have you booked with, depending on the company they have different rooms available.
Also the balconys, it depends which side of the hotel you are, which are in the shade and which aren't.
The hotel have there own mini market, which has virtually everything, but there is also other supermarkets around whithin a short walking distance.
Eating out, there is one restaurant very close to the hotel, which is really nice, but the further you are to the square the more variety of place to eat. The square is a 5 min walk. Beach is also quite near, this would only take 3 mins to walk to.
if you need any more info let me know
Nicola
April 26, 2006 03:04PM
hi nicola,
we have booked with thomas cook so does that give you any idea on which side the rooms are likely to be?
cheers karen
April 27, 2006 02:30PM
Thomas cook do have the best rooms. Do you know what type of room you have booked and how many people it sleeps?
April 27, 2006 03:56PM
hi nicola,we going self catering in a studio for the 2 of us,i think as the only other rooms seem to mezzanine,s for up to 4 people.

karen
May 02, 2006 10:22AM
The rooms are nice and clean, have a kitchen area (not that i have ever used it!!) the hotel is great, there is always something going on, you will love it. Well that must be doing something right as everytime i am there i end up talking to someone who has been there before. i can't wait to go there again!!
GEMMA
May 06, 2006 03:26PM

Hi just read your email about deciding where to stay when you go away. Me and my boyfriend are going to the angelo apartments on 26th June. Have heard some good reveiws on the place.

Email me back.

Gemma
ken
May 08, 2006 11:57AM
watch out for room 45 ???? You know the one with the toilet so small you can shower shave and do something else at the same time, yes the one with the fungus on the shower curtain and on the tiles
andy t
May 14, 2006 04:55PM
Hi

Ive now stayed at the angelo 4 times in 2 years absolutely fantastic, going again tomorrow!!!!!
Emma
May 16, 2006 12:13PM

Hi,

Me and my partner are staying at the Angelo for two weeks on the 19th June.
I have heard mostly good reviews about the place and the hotel, which is why we decided to book but I have heard there are a lot of stray dogs out there - I just wanted to know if anyone has had any bad experiences with them ? I was attacked by a dog last year so now have a big phobia of them.

Also.. do you think they'll have the World Cup games showing in the pubs ?

Emma
May 16, 2006 12:14PM
Hi,

Me and my partner are staying at the Angelo for two weeks on the 19th June.
I have heard mostly good reviews about the place and the hotel, which is why we decided to book but I have heard there are a lot of stray dogs out there - I just wanted to know if anyone has had any bad experiences with them ? I was attacked by a dog last year so now have a big phobia of them.

Also.. do you think they'll have the World Cup games showing in the pubs ?

Jane
May 16, 2006 12:27PM
Hi Emma, there are a lot of stray dogs all around Halkidiki. I have never had a problem with them, they are usually just grateful for any food or fuss they get. However, as a lot of the locals don't like them they don't usually get a lot of attention and are not that forward with people unless you encourage them (which I do, as I love dogs !).

We lived there for three summers and the only time I got worried was once when a large pack arrived in our gardens with a bitch in season. However, we just kept out of their way and they went further afield.

A lot of people, an English woman married to a Greek included, are doing all they can to neuter the strays, so hopefully the stray problem will get less at time goes on.

I do sympathise, I am an avid dog lover, but my sister in law is terrified of them, so I have seen how she reacts.

I am sorry you got attacked last year, where was that? Don't let it spoil your holiday or the anticipation of your holiday, I am sure you will be fine and there are lots of people like me out there who will be attracting the dogs on purpose, so you should be fine just ignoring them.

Having said that, there are not usually lots of them about, just a couple here and there. You will soon get to know where they hang out.

Have a great holiday. By the way we go 15 June for 3 weeks, can't wait. We are staying over the other side near to where we once lived, Siviris. But we will be visiting Hanioti, certainly a few evenings.

Jane
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login