WORK IN HALKIDIKI

WORK IN HALKIDIKI

Posted by vicky26 
WORK IN HALKIDIKI
March 22, 2006 10:48AM
Hi,

Im going to work in Halkidiki this summer as a rep, and my fella is coming over to join me. Does anyone know of any jobs going, or where the best place to look is/best person to ask?
He will also need accom, do any jobs come with this? He will be there around end of April.

Thanks,

Vicky
Re: WORK IN HALKIDIKI
March 22, 2006 04:43PM
Hi do you know where you're going to be based as it would be better for him to try & get work locally as busses aren't that reliable(especially at the beginning & end of the season) & taxis to & from work could be expensive(unless of course he's going to have a car there)Some jobs come with accomodation but not all but usually if your there for the whole season then there are many appartments for rent privately that will usually do you a really good deal on long term rental,you just have a wander round,you'll see loads of rooms for rent signs,,would obviously make sense for you to rent somewhere together as this will work out cheaper(you'll be on an ok wage as a rep but other jobs there aren't that well paid, long hours & usually 7days a week so you might find yourselves not seeing that much of each other otherwise!)What sort of work is he looking for or isn't he fussed? unless someone offers him something through this site then it'll just be a case of asking around when he gets there but should get something as the season doesn't really get going til May so it should be pretty easy to find something for him.

smiling smiley
March 23, 2006 10:37AM
cheers for that. Hes not fussed what kind of work he gets as long as he gets some. not sure exactly where i will be based, im a resort supervisor so it could be anywhere as i will have a car. Dont suppose you know where the main tour operators offices are based do you?

cheers,

Vicky
Jane
March 23, 2006 12:14PM
As far as I know there are two or three in Kallithea
March 24, 2006 07:15PM
Jane's right,they're usually in Kalithea,one of the busier resorts so he'll probably be able to pick something up there,mostly Germans,Norwegians etc go there for holidays though so if he can't speak anything other than English he may be better looking for work in Polichrono or Hanioti or there are a couple of big hotels just outside of the main part of Kalithea(near the strip of clubs)that have English holidaymakers if he wants to stay in that sort of area!

smiling smiley
Leigh Gristock
March 28, 2006 07:44PM
Hi Vicky
More often than not we are on the lookout for staff for the season.Ours is the Hot Goblin, a baked potato/snack bar. If your man is still looking, by all means send me an e-mail to let us know and we'll have a chat about it.
All the best for the season.
Regards
Leigh
March 29, 2006 05:22PM
Yeah Hot Goblin would be a good place to work,nice size,great food,always busy & i'm sure Leigh would be a fab boss compared to the people that had it when i worked there.x

smiling smiley
Leigh Gristock
March 29, 2006 11:20PM
Kerry
I'll give you the tenner when I see you.
Really, thanks for the comments.
See you later in the year no doubt.
Leigh
March 30, 2006 03:59PM
Hahaha yeah i'll be popping in in June for a big fat spud !!!Might actualy get to see ya this time,you were awol every time i popped in last time!

smiling smiley
sandra morse
April 01, 2006 02:06PM
Hi , i am looking for work this summer in halkidiki, i speak a little greek from what i picked up while working on the islands , i can do most jobs etc bar work hotel work.i can drive so even car rentals looking for drivers...i have worked for 3 summer seasons as a rep , (so understand long hours little sleep I am very good mixing with people but dont mind anything to get away from here, iam 28 but dont really look it hahaha if anyone has any ideas or can help please contact me. thanks Sandra
Leigh
April 02, 2006 12:14AM
Sandra
Send me an e-mail, leighgristock@hotmail.com and I'll give you more details. I might have something for you.
Leigh
The Hot Goblin
Jane
April 04, 2006 08:42AM
Hi

Please email your private address if you need any help finding work, i live in Halki and just lately loads of people have asked me if i know of anyone looking for work and i will try and help you out.

BYE FOR NOW JANE
April 05, 2006 03:02PM
Cheers everyone, you have been a great help!

Vicky
sarah and rich
April 06, 2006 12:10PM
im going to north skioni in halkidiki in june, my boyfriend and his friend want to come for 4 months and work out there will there be any work or is it a quiet area, they dont drive so it will have to be near the anastasia resort hotel. they dont mind wot they do??
clement
June 06, 2006 12:17AM
hi,
i m a 25 years old french guy,i m working in thessaloniki as a waiter in a tavern for 5 month.i dont speek very good greek but i can deal with the basic things and my job helps me a lot.i m looking for a job in halkidiki because i broke up with my girl friend,i don t want to go back to france now and it would be much better for me to work outside of thessaloniki.every job can helps me,as a waiter, a barman,a helper.
thank you very much
clement
jim
June 10, 2006 12:30PM
we are going to be in Halkidiki from 15th June and are trying to get work for the summer. If anyone can help or give us some tips of best where to go or what to look for that would be great. cheers, Jim & Ros
Diviana
June 12, 2006 12:33PM
Hi,
I'm 27 years old(look youngersmiling smiley) bulgarian and I would like very much to find any summer job on Halkidiki (Sithonia if it's possible) - I speak english, russian and just a little greek (but learn fastsmiling smiley), I have previous expirience as a reception-clerk but I would take any other job if somebody can help me or give me an advice...
Thanks in advance!
June 12, 2006 01:36PM
E-mail please at :
sales@kriopigi.net
Sakis
clement
June 12, 2006 03:57PM
hi jane, my name is clement and you can see my mail on the forum,i give you my private e mail :clement.manecy@hotmail.com.now i m improving my greek,i m not afraid of working a lot and i know about the job.thank you very much,clement :-)
Dom
Re: work in greece also winter time.
August 22, 2006 10:10AM
Hi am Dom and i will like to work in greece for winter and summer time .
Am 30 years old and many years in restaurants and hotels .Also i was a head waiter for 5 years in louis cruise lines .i speak fluet english and greek.
Am from cyprus
Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login