aristidis and kanelis studios fourka

Posted by vickie 
vickie
March 14, 2006 05:13PM
Hi am going to Fourka in June and would like a good honest review on the apartments. I have read some really good reviews but also some bad. I read one that says that the local youths try to get you in to fights etc as it is set in a residential area.

I would also like to know if there are any watersports near by?

Thanks
Phil Parkin
Re: aristidis and kanelis studios fourka
March 14, 2006 07:53PM
Please don't worry about the local youths I have been to Fourka for the last 10 years and never seen a fight between tourist and locals yet.(remember these people make their living from the english most locals you meet are more likely to kiss you rather than pick a fight, this is the nature of the Greek people they are very laid back however two Greeks having a disscusion usually sounds like a full blown argument to us more reserved English people) The appartments are in a semi residential area however it is very quiet all the time (depending on the other guests) they have a nice pool area with bar and you are literaly two minutes from Tavernas and shops. As for water sports there are some like the banana and ringos this is set in front of the Hotel Australia if you want more take a Taxi (about £7) to Kalethia or Hanioti on the other side of the peninsula you will e spoiled for choice here.
My recomendation is the Bela Venitzia restraunt up stairs just past the cigarette kissk in the main square (tell them Phil + Jackie sent you you will get free soup)
have a good time
Phil.
March 14, 2006 08:56PM
we saw no youths either.
Corrina
March 15, 2006 04:45AM
Vickie
Stayed at those appartments 2 years ago, had a great time, three of us went no trouble at all. Just fun, relaxtion and lots of laughs. So chill and look forward to it.
Corrina
vickie
March 15, 2006 05:14PM
Thank you all for your help!

Am now getting really excited x
DONNA
March 23, 2006 05:09PM
HI VICKIE ARISTIDIS AND KANELIS APTS ARE ABSOLUT HEAVENLY. BEEN THERE LOTZ OF TIMES BEFOR. DONT NO WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT YOUTHS FIGHTING BUT ITS A LOAD OF RUBBISH. ONLY FIGHTING THAT GOES ON IS LOCALS FIGHTING TO BE PLEASANT AND TO OFFER THERE HELP AND LOTS OF SMILES. YOU WILL HAVE A LOVELY TIME.
jeff fourkas mad dog man
March 23, 2006 11:02PM
DITTO WHAT DONNA SAYS

and if u do see any fights (very unlikley) just ask Nikos @yaimas bar to phone Elvis hes my mates brother lives in Fourka and will sort that out very quickly

Have a great holiday and say hi to every shop taverna and bar you go in from me Jeff Fourkas Mad Dog Man(he of long grey beard and long blonde hair )

ohhhhhhhhh and go eat at venetian in the square u cant miss it lol
Gopal
March 25, 2006 07:44PM
Hi ;-)

I am also going at the start of May, i read lots of great reviews but also about local youths wanting to fight with you. You guys say this is rubbish so i am happy about that.

Thanks

diane
April 04, 2006 09:05PM
This is rubbish i am also going in may with my family,ive been to fourka for the last 4 years & have never seen any trouble,its a nice family resort & the aristidis in my opinion are the best in Fourka i wouldn't stop anywhere else. Gitza,stellios & illir are really friendly & make your holiday a great one.Don't miss the greek night it's brill fun
Lyn
April 16, 2006 08:02PM
My son worked at the Aristidis and there is no trouble (as you would expect from Greek people who are family minded and their youth knows how to behave itself, unlike a few holiday makers). You will have no trouble from the locals; they love kids and will do their best to make you welcome.

Go and see Philip (English is impecable - knows all about football) and Yianni in Giovanni's Taberna and say Peter says hello.
You will have a great time. Guaranteed, Happy holiday - I am envious!

April 19, 2006 01:22PM
hiya, glad you had a good time, me and my partner are going there on may 8th may and staying the Aristidis and Kanelis apartments, if anyones got any information about the place and what there is to do please email me on BundSar@aol.com thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login