Hanioti for 3 young ladies???

Posted by Claire 
Claire
February 27, 2006 02:58PM
Hey Everyone,

Myself and two friends are thinking of holidaying in Hanioti in early September. I have read mixed reports on the resort - some saying it is lively and others saying it is a quiet resort best suited to families.

In terms of evening entertainment we want a choice of places to eat out followed by bars to go for drinks and cocktails in afterwards. We're not seeking a 18-30 style holiday but at the same time we do want some fairly lively nightlife.

Can people offer their opinion on whether Hanioti is what we're looking for??? The other place we're considering is Rethimnon, Crete.

Considering staying in the Daphne Village or Macedonian Sky.

Any comments are appreciated

Cheers

Claire

Re: Hanioti for 3 young ladies???
February 27, 2006 03:11PM
Hi Claire, if that is what you are looking for on holiday, that is what you will get. It is not quiet, but hardly 18-30!
The liveliest time to go to hanioti is june-july time, that is when it is the busiest. September can be a bit quieter. All of the bars are open in the square and you will find some great restaurants and cocktail bars, there is also a small club and beachbar which is open 24 hours a day.
i personally love the place, no matter what time of summer, i have never been disappointed!
Also there are a large amount of people who have been there before, there is always someone you can find who has been out there loads of times before, and people won't go back to somewhere they didn't like!
sam
February 27, 2006 07:13PM
hey claire, you will love it, i have been 4 times! its great. some really nice bars, which play good music have a nice atmosphere and of course serve lovely cocktails?how old are you?i would def recommend it!as nicole mentioned people go back year after year! the people are friendly and its just a great place!
hanioti
March 02, 2006 10:28AM
my dear claire three ladies are always welcomed in hanioti............if you know what i mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ...no realy now choose hanioti from rethymno..and choose strand village hotel apartments...its simply the best and matches your preferences!!!!! see you there !!!!!
STEVE
March 02, 2006 11:03AM
Hi have a look at Hanioti Village hotel - caters for younger people - great pool and grounds - they have an excellent website which should be easily found - ran by younger guys with Greek Australian background.
March 02, 2006 12:23PM
OOOOh sounds like "hanioti" has got his sights set on you lot,perhaps best to AVOID the places he's mentioned(i'm presuming it's a he!!!!)Only joking Strand is pretty good place to stay & Hanioti(the resort.......not the person)shouls suit you down to the ground,good mixture of bars restaurants fast food places 24hr beach bar really nice beach & friendly people will ensure you have a good time & you can always hop in a taxi to Kalithea if you want more "clubby" places,Kalithea especially good at weekends when a lot of Greeks from the city visit Halkidiki for a weekend break!September going to be a bit quieter as Nicola has said but weather is usually still fab & will still be busy enough not to be boring as the season doesn't end til mid Oct!

smiling smiley
Abby
March 02, 2006 01:06PM
Hi Claire,

I went to Hanioti in the first 2 weeks of September with 2 girl firends in 2004 and 3 girl friends in 2005. We stayed at the Naias apartments and had 2 awesome hiolidays. We're all aged 25/26 and found lots of great restaurants and lots of bars with very friendly staff who really make you feel welcome.

I wish I was going back this year!

x
sam
March 04, 2006 02:47PM
strand is lush as are many of the other hotels! how old are you?i think u will have a reat time!
hanioti
March 05, 2006 04:55PM
strand village is right on the beach with its pwn sunbeds....if you go to hanioti village you have to make a trip to reach the beach...also in the strand there area the best greek lovers you will ever find including ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! strand is a 4 t acommodation babies .... come to us..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
March 06, 2006 10:40AM
oh dear 'hanioti' is getting excited at the thought of summer! ha ha
Janet
March 08, 2006 04:45AM
Claire Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Everyone,
>
> Myself and two friends are thinking of holidaying
> in Hanioti in early September. I have read mixed
> reports on the resort - some saying it is lively
> and others saying it is a quiet resort best suited
> to families.
>
> In terms of evening entertainment we want a choice
> of places to eat out followed by bars to go for
> drinks and cocktails in afterwards. We're not
> seeking a 18-30 style holiday but at the same time
> we do want some fairly lively nightlife.
>
> Can people offer their opinion on whether Hanioti
> is what we're looking for??? The other place
> we're considering is Rethimnon, Crete.
>
> Considering staying in the Daphne Village or
> Macedonian Sky.
>
> Any comments are appreciated
>
> Cheers
>
> Claire
>
>Hi Claire

You will love Hanioti. We stay at the Macedonia Sky which is very friendly and have been to Hanioti four times. There are a few lively bars and restaurants. My son is 31 and my daughter 22 and they both love it there. There are plenty of lively places if you look for them. I don't know anyone of any age that is disappointed with Hanioti. Weather a bit cool in the evenings in September. We are going in June.

sam
March 11, 2006 09:30PM
u made your minds up yet ladies
?

vicky
March 21, 2006 03:28PM
Anyone been to Daphne Village?

I'm going there with a friend both early 20's will we enjoy it?
Bert
March 22, 2006 08:46PM
Thinking of going to Hanioti in June-July, possibly staying at the Angelo Apartments. Can anyone comment on the apartments and the area it is in?
tjay
March 28, 2006 04:57PM
daphne village is up of the main road and its a busy one but ur on the wrong side, i would go for macadonis sky, its 5 mins from square and 10 from beach, ur more centrol here, there are clubs in kalithea which is where the locals go from 1am till 7 am, so clubs are there if u want them, about £20 in taxi, there is plenty in hanioti gets really busy, i am taking my twin 20r olds with there mate this year and i know they will be looking for the girls, great beach bar for the youger generation, open all nite but expensive, tjay
sam
March 29, 2006 02:35PM
wha date 4 u goin tjay?
em
March 30, 2006 08:29AM
Hi bert went to the Angelo last year and found it very nice.It is about 5 mins from beach a little further from the main square but both are a nice walk with no worries of busy roads.The hotel itself we found to be clean and quite spacious the pool and garden area are lovely with plenty of room no need to get up early to put towels on the beds!The pool bar is great and entertainment everynight, a must is the greek night well worth the money.Hope this has helped Emma.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login