Polichrono - info and Royal Kostas Apartments

Posted by adrianomeara 
February 19, 2006 07:09PM
Hi,

I am looking at booking to go to the Royal Kostas apartments in Polichrono and have a few questions:

1. What's the area like? Sounds nice.
2. Anyone know what the apaprtments are like? esopecially if you've stayed
3. Although we want a relaxng week, if we want a night out pubbing/clubbing (we like pop/cheese) where's best? how much and how easy is it to get there? (and back)
4. Any tips?

Thank you in advance, any info you can give me would be great.
Miki
Re: Polichrono - info and Royal Kostas Apartments
February 20, 2006 09:52AM
hi ya,

you want info on royal kostas......i used to be the rep there last year, and to be honest it is the best self catering accomadation in greece. the family that own it are fab and the the rooms are big and have loads of facilities in them.....not what you would imagine.

polichrono itself is a traditional greek village but it is in thje middle of everything. there are a few bars in the village, but for 5 euros you can go into hanioti which is far more english, and where all the nighlife is and of course water sports of all descriptions and the bars playing every type of music under the sun.

5 euros in the other direction takes you to kalithea, and thats where the best beach is and the nightlife.....there are about 5 nightclubs which house over 7000 people in each one....so you can imagine what the height of summer is like......it is AMAZING!!!!!!

however,in greece, you will find that the best place to go for cheese and a mix of everything is a place called BUBBLES in kalithea.....the clubs are more hard dance, greek music and maybe some r and b and hip hop.

in hanioti though, all the bars are funky and you can have a right old boogie in them.....there is KELFOS, LONG ISLAND , SUNSHINE BAR, just to name a couple.

you will have an excellent holiday, but just remember.....it all depends on the timeof year you are going......april-may (cold and boring), july - August(is the best time)!

hope you have as much fun as i did!!!!
February 20, 2006 12:11PM
Hi Miki,

Thanks for the info, just what I was looking for.

Gonna book it at lunchtime!!
sammi
May 07, 2006 07:45AM
HI Miki

Read your message re the Royal Kostas, we are going in May please tell me it is'nt going to be cold????

Sammi
May 08, 2006 03:21PM
That information was great, I'm going to the Royal Kostas Apartments in August. Seems like a lovely place with plenty to do. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Thanks
miki
May 12, 2006 12:19PM
well, last year may it was cold. thats because they are in the transition of moving from winter into summer....but what we reps consider to be cold, is not what guests call cold.....dont worry, its not england cold, its just a bit nippy in the evening time.

but im currently in rhodes at the moment and the weather here has been the best greece has experienced in years, so from what my friends are saying in halkidiki, its being experienced all over!

you will have a fabulous time.....all the other resorts are on your doorstep too, kalithea and hanioti. for nightlife and more life and shopping facilites hanioti has everything.....from traditional greek tavernas, to chinese and indian food (all of which fabulous by the way). there are some excellent bars too....you must all go into Kelfos and say hello to emilios (the owner). In polichrono, there is one particular bar which plays sky sports and has live bands some nights, and that is bar laska.

there are a few fab tavernas too....there is Georges and Summer Garden....excellent food!

as you can tell, i loved living there.....i miss it very, very MUCH!!!!

please tell the family at the royal kostas, and especially Alex behind the bar that 'mickey mouse' (the rep last year) sends her love!!

ENJOY YOUR TIME THERE!!!!!
xxx
May 16, 2006 01:50PM
Thank you very much for your comments. Sounds like I'm going to have a fantastic time, don't worry I will enjoy it. I'll pass your message on.
May 25, 2006 12:20PM
I'm going to the Royal Kostas Apartments in a couple of weeks. Can you tell me if they provide towels?

Cheers x
Rebecca
Re: Polichrono to Hanioti
March 08, 2008 05:55PM
Hi
Me and my boyfriend have just booked for last week in august, first week in september, just wondering if will be quiet then?
Also was wondering how long it would take to walk from Polichono to Hanioti?

Thanks
March 10, 2008 02:13PM
Hi Rebecca

Going the same time as you - go at the same time every year but stay in Hanioti. Normally still busy. On the beach road from Polichrono to Hanioti, it is a good hour or so but a nice walk.
doreen taylor
May 09, 2008 06:42PM
we are arriving at the royal kostos apts polichrono greece on may 19th for 2 weeks could anyone give me any info on them. also does anyone know if there are any laundry facilities nearby. my husband has walking dificulties (arthritus) we are both in our late sixty s and like to travel as light as we can because of the weight of the luggage. . also some nice places to eat
Donna T
August 09, 2009 04:03PM
Hi,

We only booked our holiday last week and hadn't read any reviews about Royal Kostas Apartments until now. We are going with our youngest child only, who is 13 years old. One of the reviews mentioned that a lad who made a tiny splash in the pool by him jumping in was frowned upon by the owners. This worries me. My son is no hooligan but surely normal holiday fun is allowed without annoying other guests? Has anyone else who has stayed there experienced anything like this?
I've also read some advice saying to give the weekly BBQ a big miss. We were quite looking forward to that. This will be the first time we have not been all-inclusive as we want to experience proper Greek tavernas etc. Any recommendations?
August 11, 2009 08:03PM
hi donna
stayed at the kostas last year cannot knock it nice and clean as for pool the owner did once that i saw have a word with kids jumping in the pool but it was only for there own safety as they where running from quite far back and as they got near to the pool the slabes were very slippey in case they fell as for just jumping in off the side and making a splash could not see any problem stay clear of the b b q not value for money plentey of other places to eat in town which do english and greek meals for a better price
we are staying in hanioti this year from 24 august for two weeks but would not hesitate to go back to the kostas we have friends staying at the kostas from the 24th so we will be down to vist so we may bump into you if you are there at the same time
hope you enjoy
cheers richie
Petros
August 11, 2009 10:01PM
Hi Donna,

Polichrono is not sort of Tavernas and restaurants. There are plenty of them and I think the prices are good as well. If you eat meat , try Souvlakia at George's restaurant. They cost 1.20 euros per piece last time i checked
August 12, 2009 08:26AM
Hi Richie,

Thanks for the info. We go tomorrow just for a week. Hope you have a great time too.
Thanks again, Donna
Milica
what about september?
August 15, 2009 12:28AM
HeY, that are great information about Polichrono, but i`m interesting of going there in September.
Can anyone tell me what in Sep. like???

tnx
clare
February 01, 2010 09:58AM
Hi i am looking to go to the royal kostas apts in may but little worried bout some of the reviews also what the weather might be like in may and is it suitable for a 8,6,and 2 year old.Help anyone?
Tanya
June 15, 2010 04:29PM
Hi All,

I am looking to book the Royal Kostas Apartments on the 9th September 2010. I want to go to a concert on the 10th in THESSALONIKI. Could anyone tell me approximately if these locations share a train link??

Thanks smiling smiley

Tanya.
June 15, 2010 09:02PM
No train link.
LJ
June 16, 2010 11:41AM
Previous poster is correct. There is no train service and the bus takes a couple of hours. Maybe less if you are lucky but I suspect they won't still be running after the concert. I'd suggest you take the bus on the 10th and stay over night and travel back the next day. Alternatively you could hire a car but the city can be busy and depending on the venue you may have trouble parking. The other option is a taxi but you are looking at up to 100 euro each way. If you can delay your stay at Royal Kostas 2 days you could fly into Thessaloniki on the 9th, stay over the 9th and 10th and then travel down to Polichrono on the 11th. Might be an easier option all round and there is plenty to see in Thessaloniki to keep you amused on the 10th.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login