October in Hanioti

October in Hanioti

Posted by Babs 
Babs
October in Hanioti
February 12, 2006 02:47PM
Can anyone tell me if weather is still good in Hanioti during october? I have been in May and it was glorious. Thanks
Jane
Re: October in Hanioti
February 12, 2006 04:21PM
Babs, it can be good or not, depends on the year. We have never had really bad weather in October, and we lived there for three years always coming home end October. It was generally warm, anything between 70 and 78, sea was still warm and we perhaps had a couple of days or so overcast. We were lucky in that it only rained very lightly on a couple of days if at all.

However, do remember that worldwide weather patterns are changing, so nothing can be guaranteed. What should be guaranteed is that it will be better than over here !

Remember also, that mid October most tourist things have closed down and there are only a few tavernas open for the locals.

Hope this helps
Jane
February 12, 2006 06:43PM
Hi
As Jane has said October can be hit & miss,i've worked there in the past when Octobers been o.k but i went on holiday at the beginning of last Oct & although the days were nice there was always a cool breeze,quite chilly at nights & a corking thunderstorm,Luckily i know lots of people there so always had something to do & somewhere to go but i can imagine it could be quite boring if you don't know anyone as it wasn't really beach weather & i left on 12th Oct & there were quite a few places already closed up for the winter,visited friends in Hanioti & although there were still places open it was very quiet so you won't appreciate the area as fully as earlier in the season.

smiling smiley
Rosemary
February 13, 2006 08:36AM
I wouldn't consider going in October, personally. Latest we've been there was 4th Oct 2 years ago and weather had changed considerably. Last 2 weeks in Sept are a lovely time to go. Hanioti is too far noth to get guaranteed good wather in Oct.
Jane
February 13, 2006 08:53AM
Everyone to their own thoughts. But we lived there over three Octobers and the weather was considerably better than the UK. If that is the only time you can get, or you can afford to go, then I would go. When we next go for long term, hopefully next year, we are going to arrive 1 April and leave end November. You still get good days right up to Christmas, and October in general is not too bad. You are obviously not going to get July weather in October, but as I said before, warmer than the UK, bluer skies than the UK, and the sea is still warm enough to swim in. The only real downside if youdont have Greek friends over there, or know where to eat, is that mid October most places shut.
February 13, 2006 12:00PM
i was there last october and the october before. The year before the weather in oct was gorgeous, it was really warm, but last year as kerry said there was a lot of thunderstorms. it really is hit and miss, but yeah it is obviously better that oct in the uk.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login