hanioti beach

hanioti beach

Posted by chris21 
chris21
hanioti beach
August 16, 2005 07:31AM
how is the beach in hanioti? where ist the best area?
Shirley
Re: hanioti beach
August 22, 2005 01:10PM
Just got back from Hanioti. The beach there is lovely. If you buy a drink at some of the beach bars then you can have a free sun bed all day. But if you want it to be more secluded then just walk along until you find a bit that suits. Where are you staying?
J
August 23, 2005 12:01PM
The beach is best between Hanioti and Pefkochori. There is a great beach bar.Find it.
chris21
August 23, 2005 02:07PM
hey shirley, i'm staying at the lesse hotel. do you know somethin' about it?i heard the beach was shingle and that's why i was a bit worried. could you name me some of those bars?
Shirley
August 23, 2005 02:48PM
Hi Chris

The hotel I always stay in is the closest to the Lesse (which I have heard is very nice). The beach there does have shingle and is a bit stoney at the waters edge but it is mainly sand and has the clearest, crystal clear warm water you could imagine. (Blue flagged!) It is like that all the way to Pefkohori. When you come out of the hotel towards the beach, you can't miss the huge beach bar there. A bit expensive but free sunbeds. If you want to be more secluded then, follow the road round to the right and on the left a bit further down is a gap between two apartments which leads to the beach. On the right along there should be all the space you need and some shade under a couple of big pine trees. We spent half of our holiday there! I'm afraid that I can't remember the name of the big beach bar but if you want a bit of a walk, then further down the beach road road half way to Pefkohori is the Kelfos bar which has a lovely garden right on the beach. Let me know if I can help you further.
chris21
August 24, 2005 08:55AM
it's nice to hear good news about hanioti. which tavern or restaurant would you recommend? and what about shopping?
Shirley
August 24, 2005 01:40PM
It depends on what you want. Nearly everywhere does really good food..We always visit the Garden (from the square towards the beach on the right) Amythestos (you will pass - between the two supermarkets on your way to the square) for the occasional breakfast or snack The Old Tavern does a really good char grilled fillet steak and so it goes on... See if you can get in to the BBQ at the Hanioti Village Hotel on a Thursday night, round the pool for 7.5 euros. Great food.
As for shopping, there a lot of touristy type shops and some really nice jewellery/gold shops etc - what were you looking for?
chris21
August 25, 2005 10:21AM
i was especially looking for bags and shoes...is eating out expensive?
Nicola
August 25, 2005 02:18PM
My favourite part of the beach isin between the two beach bars, by the watersports, the sea is the best there, no rocks, just lovely sand. It doesn't get too busy either.
Shirley
August 26, 2005 09:00AM
Hi Chris

Bags and shoes galore, some tacky and some not so.

Personally, I don't think that eating out is that expensive, obviously it depends on what you have but I would say on average for a meal for two with wine it's roughly £20.
KEVIN
CLEOPATRA APARTMENTS HANIOTI
March 20, 2006 01:30PM
HAS ANY BODY BEEN TO CLEOPATRA APARTMENTS , WHAT ARE THEY LIKE , THANKS .
maria
Re: CLEOPATRA APARTMENTS HANIOTI
March 20, 2006 03:33PM
Take your ear plugs,just incase your'e at the front (main road),wonderful place and people,enjoy.
Susan
Re: hanioti beach pella beach
March 27, 2006 06:15PM
Hi

Just wondered if anyone knew if there was a ten pin bowling alley in Hanoti, someone told me there is one on the main road, but I cant find a reference to it anywhere. Love to here from you if you do!
steve
March 29, 2006 02:42PM
Been 15 times and never seen a ten pin alley -I wont ask why you might want one !!!!!! will assume it must be a fetish !! steve
March 30, 2006 09:47AM
no i lived there year before last and i have never heard of it either!!!
Mel
March 30, 2006 02:05PM
Hi

Me and my boyfriend are staying in the Tropical Hotel in Hanioti, the first two weeks of september. Does anybody know what the Tropical is like and what the weather is like in Semptember?

We have stayed in Pefkohori and Polichrono before both in July and was lovely, so we're not quite sure what to expect?!
Em
March 30, 2006 03:17PM
Hi Mel we went the last week in august 1st week september and found 2nd week alot cooler especialy at night.I would def take a jacket just in case ,as for the tropical i heard it was ok but not sure as we stayed at the Angelo.
Jane
March 30, 2006 03:34PM
Hello Mel. September can be very hot or just average. We lived there for three years and we had excellent Septembers and Octobers. I would say September is on average nice and warm, but slightly cool in the evenings. The sea is still warm right into October.

Of course, each year can vary and seasons worldwide are changing nowadays. But I dont think you will be disappointed.

Looking at our records of the temperatures over the three years we lived there for September, the average ranged between 74 and 85 maximum each day, and between 45 and 60 minimum (minimum was night time temperature). Of course the main thing was that we had sunshine and blue skys most of the time, which always helps !

Have a good time.
Darko
April 20, 2006 07:17AM
Does anybody now, what is the water temperature at Hanioti in this period of the year (May).
Is it warmer than the sea at Corfu island in July?
Thanks!
Jane
April 20, 2006 08:15AM
Hi, the sea temperature in Halkidiki during May is usually pretty cold. When we lived over there the sea didnt really warm up until early June. By end June through September the sea is really nice and warm. The only place it is sometimes still quite cold is Siviris.

Hanioti and all down that side of the peninsula is warmer than the other side as the sea is between Sithonia and Kassandra peninsulas.

So, May sea is cold, but if you brave it like we did after five mins it is OK !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login