Sea urchins

Sea urchins

Posted by Karen 
karen
Re: Sea urchins
October 17, 2005 05:47PM
I have been to Greece almost every year for the past 15 years and have never seen so many wasps. I was in Corfu last year and the biggest problem was mozzies esspecially at night but this year in Halkidiki there was definetly more wasps than mozzies.
Jane
October 18, 2005 07:21AM
Yes you do get odd years when wasps are a particular nuisance. It doesnt happen every year though. When we lived over there for three years, we just got one year that was bad, and it was bad. September was the worse and we were often driven back indoors to eat because after an initial scouting wasp was buzzing round the table, there followed all its mates ! around 30 or so at a time.

If it was bad this year, all being well next year should be a normal year with just the usual amount of the pests about.
kerrie w
October 18, 2005 01:33PM
i have been for a couple of years and never really had a prob with wasps but this year they were everywhere.

hopefully it wont be so bad for them next year, im back there next august. id rather mozzies than wasps!!!
lee
December 05, 2005 10:01PM
there is only sea urchins were the rocks are & beleive me if theres rocks theres sea urchins.put a mask on first & check.if by the worst you get done you need to pour hot water on it & if you get done by a jelly fish p*ss on it,not the jelly fish ha ha.some 1 in the forum sugested wearing footwear,good idea.in norberts dive shop in chanioti,he sells beach foot wear that are cheap,about £10,they have a rubber sole & are made of wet suit material.they lasted me & my brothers all summer on beach,rocks,bikes etc
lee
December 05, 2005 10:46PM
were there is rocks there is sea urchins,so check first with a mask & snorkel or stay in the sandy areas were there is no sea urchins.also if you get done by 1,pour hot water on it
Jane
December 06, 2005 07:30PM
Wasps are there all the time, but mainly a nuisance in Sept and October. The worse thing is one the beaches if there is any seaweed after a windy night or whatever. The wasps like it and so many times Ihave trodden on a wasp as I wandered along the beach shoeless. Not any more, I always wear my flipflops. !
lee
December 09, 2005 02:15AM
yeh theres nothing you can do about that,i fished from the beach plenty of times,. the wasps drive you up the wall
Lyn
December 09, 2005 02:31PM
Are there lots of wasps every year and are some months worse than others? Am going on 8th June.
December 09, 2005 04:05PM
Yeah have to agree that wasps are a pain, well they were for me when i was walking back from the beach, one got into my flip-flop and stung my foot! couldn't walk, had to get my boyfriend to carry me back to the hotel!!!
lee
December 12, 2005 07:14PM
so he kissed it better then!
December 14, 2005 03:25PM
yes he did lee!!!
Brooke
January 06, 2006 01:02PM
i am going in August and am now terrified as i have bad phobia of wasps! please tell me what time of year they are worst at adn were they mainly are
Roy
January 06, 2006 11:39PM
It depends where you go.If it is a cold winter then there wont be so many the following summer.Take some sting ease with you just in case it is very good
Roy
May 16, 2006 06:56PM
Hi Lyn.
So far no Wasps.Some years there are loads some only a few.As there was lots of snow this winter maybe the Queens will have been killed off so not so many this year.At least when we are diving they can't get us underwater
Roy
June 06, 2006 09:23PM
Sea urchins can not be found on sand. They can only be found on rocks.
Most important is that if you find sea urchins, then you know that sea water is 100% clean (not poluted)

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
June 07, 2006 05:39PM
Sea urchins love me. Im convinced they wait for my my arrival,dont care,i love them and pefkohori smiling smiley
roy
June 18, 2006 05:06PM
not so many wasps this year so far
Re: What is video chat?
July 27, 2006 06:20PM
Mark Canllad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

This guy seems to have got the wrong idea about our forum, what an ......!!!!!!!! Go back to your in the gutter activities Mark, we don't want you here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/07/2006 07:42AM by Nikos.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login