Good Bar/Restaurants

Good Bar/Restaurants

Posted by jillie1974 
Good Bar/Restaurants
June 26, 2007 12:11PM
Hi

can anyone recommend some good 'local' bars/tavernas in hanioti.
we always like to try Gyros and find they are always cheaper where locals eat. what prices should we expect to pay for say a bottle of Mythos or similar. chicken gyros or just a nice mealout with a botle of wine?
Re: Good Bar/Restaurants
June 26, 2007 01:12PM
Hi

On our first ever visit to Hanioti, me and my family were recommended to go to Erodios restaurant, where we had a fabulous meal. Jimmy will give you the best of welcome. We have been going to Erodios for the last four years and every meal we have had has been as good as the first. We are going back 13th August this yr and cant wait.

Hope you have a fab time.

Sian.
June 26, 2007 06:35PM
Hi,
Like Sian we love Erodius, its our 5th year in Hanioti this year, going July 9th!!
Erodius is great for food & drink though we tend to avoid it at the weekend as the greeks come in to the village.

Stones & Amethystos are also nice places to eat.

Have a great holiday.
June 26, 2007 06:38PM
Just read my previous message - what I meant when I said that the Greeks come into the village on the weekend was that they love Erodius and it gets really busy.
And if its good enough for the locals, it has to be really good.

Have a fab holiday.

Andrea & Steven
June 26, 2007 07:15PM
thanks evryone.
definitely will try out the places you have all mentioned!!
we go on the 23Aug for 2 weeks and cant wait!!
its our first time to the greek mainland
June 26, 2007 08:40PM
Hi Where are you staying in Hanioti??
June 27, 2007 12:53PM
Hi - Can endorse Erodios and also recommend The Garden (on the right as you head towards the beach from the main square). We go out on Aug 30 for the 10th time (now go independently) and counting the days!!
June 27, 2007 05:38PM
hi andrea&steve
June 28, 2007 05:19AM
Hi Gary,

Are you all set to go?

Just watching the news and it says there's a heatwave in Greece at the moment!

11 days to go !!!!!
June 28, 2007 11:02AM
we are staying at the Sarantis Studios
June 28, 2007 02:27PM
also is it possibel to get to skiathos for the day?
how long does it take and where can we get the ferry from?
can you recommend other trips we can do... we arent hiring a car though
June 28, 2007 07:33PM
for cheap drinks - large bottle amstel 1Euro or so and giros / chicken kebabs /chips try Kostas fast food - going down from square (40 yds) towards beach - -also Central Cafe for breakfasts and light meals & coffee etc -a nice place to people watch at night as they walk by - Steve
June 30, 2007 07:07PM
2 gyros and 2 cans of coke 5.50euros.very nice aswell !! we always went to "Garys" for ours just off the maine square. Lamb kleftico for us both and couple mythos followed by banana splits x2 was coming in at about 25euros,got to say,we never had a bad meal in the 2weeks we were out there,we went to most places other posters have reccomended to you here but was gutted we never got to try "the garden" but the whole place we fell in love with. hope you have a great holl.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login